Kenny Bell Speaks Up

Also, I don't often get all scriptural on here, but Kenny's comments reminded me of this little chestnut:

When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me.

1 Corinthians. That's in the Bible.

Kenny can go ahead and become that man and stop reasoning like a child any time now. And mothball his twitter account until then.

• Fire 6

Releasing that tape was a chickensh#t thing to do. I don't have to want Bo to stay to know that was wrong. Let's not defend someone who tried, in the most asinine way possible, to derail the 2013 season.

The timing indicated that the guy who released it wanted it to derail the season. But it also showed us that Bo does in fact blame the fans for a lot of his failures. The case with KB is more evident that Bo doesn't point the thumb, he points the finger at the stands.

bo-pelini-cats-north-dakota-sign.jpg

• Fire 1

Also, I don't often get all scriptural on here, but Kenny's comments reminded me of this little chestnut:

When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me.

Kenny can go ahead and become that man and stop reasoning like a child any time now. And mothball his twitter account until then.

tumblr_mq0af7SJZh1qa71fyo1_500.gif

That's scripture.

BLAM!

:thumbs

Releasing that tape was a chickensh#t thing to do. I don't have to want Bo to stay to know that was wrong. Let's not defend someone who tried, in the most asinine way possible, to derail the 2013 season.

Meh, who gives a crap. Without that, there's still plenty of reason to kick his ass to the curb.

Kenny's doing something we've all hated from Bo for a long time now - perpetuating this divide between the fans and the coaches/team, the one that only exists in the minds of (some of) the people in the locker room. He's fighting the fans when he should be fighting the apathy from his teammates.

The problem isn't coming from the 80-90,000 fans that fill that stadium every game, it's coming from the piss-poor results on the field. Yes, Bo wins nine or more games every year. Yes that's nice. But they've never accomplished anything of note, and failed spectacularly more often than succeeded. Those fans don't have to cheer for him, and if he wants them to stop he's going about it the right way.

• Fire 3

Something I could see Kenny tattooing on his back...Then bitching about his bills

• Fire 1

He failed and then blamed his players... and then the players defend him.

Almost like that time Bo said to the fans, "F*** you, fans. F*** all of you" and then the fans were like, "HEY! Who's the jerk that released this private audio! Let's hunt this big jerk down!"

I don't think JTrain was defending the person who released the tape so much as he was commenting on the fact that so many fans only got upset about the person who released the tape rather than Bo for what he actually said (yeah, we get it, it was a 'private' moment, but still, he said those things), and many fans (a lot that I can remember on Huskerboard) were fiercely defensive of Bo and chided those who tried bringing focus to the actual content of his comments and were upset about them. You don't have to like the guy who released the tape to know what Bo said was wrong, although he did apologize.

• Fire 2

KNAPP BURN!!!

Or, as it was originally known...

Burningbush.jpg

• Fire 1

Something I could see Kenny tattooing on his back...Then bitching about his bills

LOL!

So much this.

He failed and then blamed his players... and then the players defend him.

Almost like that time Bo said to the fans, "F*** you, fans. F*** all of you" and then the fans were like, "HEY! Who's the jerk that released this private audio! Let's hunt this big jerk down!"

I don't think JTrain was defending the person who released the tape so much as he was commenting on the fact that so many fans only got upset about the person who released the tape rather than Bo for what he actually said (yeah, we get it, it was a 'private' moment, but still, he said those things), and many fans (a lot that I can remember on Huskerboard) were fiercely defensive of Bo and chided those who tried bringing focus to the actual content of his comments and were upset about them. You don't have to like the guy who released the tape to know what Bo said was wrong, although he did apologize.

We discussed this at length last year. Bo was an a-hole. The tape-releaser was a chickensh#t piece of crap. No heroes in that situation.