Would losses to Minnesota, Iowa, and the bowl game get us a new coach at 8-5?

If we lose Minny and Iowa, that should be enough. I'm good for him to go now but some people would get a little squeamish getting rid of a 10-2 coach. Where's that f'ing Pedersen when you need him.

We're way past the point where record matters IMO. It has been proven the program will not move forward and the gut wrenching embarrassments aren't ending. To me, a 10-2 regular season record does not solve any problem or concern. It's time to see if we can do better and win something of substance and I'm not talking about some stupid Heroes or Freedom trophy.

• Fire 2

It's going to depend on how we lose.

Going 0-3 will likely have to cost Beck his job. In this scenario Bo will know he has to try something new. The caveat is if the offense does well, but if that happens I'm not sure how we lose three games and Bo still keeps his own job.

I expect Bo's job status will be affirmed one way or another after the regular season's end. I think any 2 losses will put his status in doubt, but it would take a meltdown both on and off the field for 8-4 to seal the deal.

I think it's moot, though. I expect there's no way we will do worse than 9-3, and I think 10-2 is still in the cards. I mean, it's Iowa you guys. And Minny.

All told, a 9-4 to 11-2 regular season will be quite understandable, especially given the injuries and the obvious growing pains we've had to deal with at the QB position. I acknowledge that Bo is being helped out by an easy schedule, but W's are W's and it's going to look fine. 11-2 would actually be a pretty solid step forward.

I realize we're in the wake of The Worst Week Ever, but do you guys realize how likely it is that Bo snaps #4losses this year? Even if he doesn't do it convincingly, that's going to keep him here for another year.

If we lose Minny and Iowa, that should be enough. I'm good for him to go now but some people would get a little squeamish getting rid of a 10-2 coach. Where's that f'ing Pedersen when you need him.

We're way past the point where record matters IMO. It has been proven the program will not move forward and the gut wrenching embarrassments aren't ending. To me, a 10-2 regular season record does not solve any problem or concern. It's time to see if we can do better and win something of substance and I'm not talking about some stupid Heroes or Freedom trophy.

By saying "it's time to see if we can do better" I'm assuming you'd be will to say "we tried" if we fall to 3 - 9 or worse for the next 4 years or so. Seems like folks just believe a simple coaching change will bring us back to our glory days. In my opinion, that was lightning in a bottle and we have a way higher chance of really falling than we do improving. But, having said that, I'm OK now with making a change too. But I do realize it may make things way worse to the point we find ourselves hoping for a 10 win season, or worse, hoping for a winning season like we did when I first started following Husker football in the early to mid 60s.

By saying "it's time to see if we can do better" I'm assuming you'd be will to say "we tried" if we fall to 3 - 9 or worse for the next 4 years or so. Seems like folks just believe a simple coaching change will bring us back to our glory days. In my opinion, that was lightning in a bottle and we have a way higher chance of really falling than we do improving. But, having said that, I'm OK now with making a change too. But I do realize it may make things way worse to the point we find ourselves hoping for a 10 win season, or worse, hoping for a winning season like we did when I first started following Husker football in the early to mid 60s.

I fully realize that with a coaching change there may be some steps backwards before things improve. I can accept that. The 9 wins don't mean anything to me when they are accompanied by ugly losses to any halfway decent team. Personally, with our schedule and this conference, I don't see how it gets any worse than it has been under Bo. Maybe one more loss than he's had, every once in awhile but, I'll trade that for competing with some ranked teams. Victories over the Purdues, Illinois, McNeese, etc. is nothing if we can't make a reasonable showing against a top 25 team.

Would this get the ball rolling? Because from what I'm reading a lot of Huskers want a change. We have fired every coach since Osborne. Its crazy.

If they didn't fire him last year they aren't going to fire him this year. Which tells me his boss should be fired, too.