Roll Call - who is left in the Bo camp?

carlfense

168 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The season is 12 games long, and there's any number of ways these last 2 games will go. I don't think anyone can realistically claim to know how it's going to happen. We've seen both good and bad this year, and we've seen teams all over the country look radically different from one week to the next.

Could we lose these last two games? Yes. Could we drop 50 on Minnesota tomorrow? Also yes.

I like Shawn Eichorst, our athletic director, and I think his example is one to follow: save the judgments for after the entire season is over.

• Fire 4

Im torn. I like Bo as a person and as a coach. If he could fix the fundamentals and drop the stubbornness he could be a great head man. The players love him. Recruiting is on the upswing. Theres alot to like in all honesty.

Theres also alot to not like. We have become stagnant as a team. The players dont have the right attitude. The lack of experience to adjust to even the simplest challenge. Its frustrating as hell. And of course the blowouts. Our competition has gotten softer and we havent taken advantage.

Id love for him to succeed here. I really would. I dont feel its going to happen. Id love to be able to blow smoke up your rears and say "Next year is it! The schedule is pretty good and challenging but doable, plus it will be our best team to date under Bo!" But I cant. I just dont see the progression we should have made.

Whatever happens happens at this point. And that pains me to say.

• Fire 3

I don't think "more time" necessarily indicates my opinion on the matter. I don't think he needs "more time" if some changes aren't made. I know I've seen enough sh**ty performances, but I like Bo Pelini as Head Coach at Nebraska.

Yeah, me too. He's had plenty of time. But there are things that need fixing. I just think it'd be better to fix whatever problem caused 49 unanswered points and an NCAA record rushing performance against us than it would be to fire another 9-win coach (or 10-win). As far as Bo the person, I think he's doing his level best to mold his players into men of good character. I like that about Bo. (But 49 unsanswered points. Oy..)

edit: Correction, 56 unanswered points. :facepalm:

• Fire 6

All you have to do is judge the man by his own standard. Championships is his standard. Seven years, zero championships (and I'm not talking about divisional ones, either).

"What we came to do is win a conference championship and win a national championship. We're going to fight tooth and nail to keep trying to get that done."

-Bo Pelini, 2014, after giving up a record 408 rushing yards to Melvin Gordon in a loss to Wisconsin

“Like I said all along, there’s character in the room, we have to play smarter. We’re not about moral victories. Nebraska never will be as long as I’m head coach. If we start being about moral victories, you need to get a new coach.”

-Bo Pelini, 2008, after a loss to Texas Tech in OT

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=1601410

I don't know if Husker Board is representative of Husker nation as a whole . . . but there seems to have been quite a shift here.

Buddy of mine is a member on RSS, he sent me the below this morning.

"RSS has a poll and with over 1,000 votes, 79% want Bo to go." I asked him what the poll asked and his response, "Two options to choose from, Bo needs to go and Bo needs to stay".

Let's be honest here...

For me personally, if this team loses out the rest of the season and ends at 8-5, I'm ready for a change.

At 9-4 again, I'm on the fence and would be fine with it either way.

At 10-3 or 11-2 at the end of the season, I think that's a mark of progress for Bo. We get a new top-notch OC in with power to hire whoever he wants as his assistants, and I think with the defense we are going to field next year, we're competing for the B1G championship. So in that case, Bo ought to stay.

That's my 2 cents. So if the team can win 10 or 11 games this year, I think that's a step forward and Bo is still our guy.

• Fire 1