"Our national perception is better than our local one"

NUpolo8

As someone who peruses a bunch of national message boards, I can assure you that Nebraska's reputation nationally is worse than it is locally. I wish I was kidding or exaggerating.

The national TV blowouts have taken their toll, as has a move to (and subsequent lack of success in) an inferior league.

This was brought up I think the day after the Wisky game. I said it then and I'll reiterate...nobody in the media was in awe over the fact the Gordon broke the record against Nebraska...just that he broke the record. We are more outraged by this...the media isn't even phased because we've made a habit of melting down in big games.

So Bo...no. You're wrong. Our national perception is a middle class team in the weakest of the power 5 conferences (I don't agree but this is the view). So stop taking your shots at the fans. Because you're going to get your wish if this continues. Fans in Nebraska will care less and less about the team and then you can go back to complaining about the fans not being loud enough during home games...

That is how much they have to prepare for to face a Bo Pelini team. Ride the storm, adjust, exploit four plays, they won't adjust, dick around in the fourth quarter.

New assistants won't fix this. And I hope this ate at Bo before the 4th started. Too bad Kenny Bell doesn't pay attention to the score, because this should fry a team captain. Would Grant Wistrom stood for this? Jason Peter? Scott Frost?

I know Nebraska fans shouldn't stand for it.

just imagine how bad it would have been if we had three weeks to prepare for this game.

I would say our national perception is better than our local one. It is certainly debatable, but I don't disagree with that statement. For a lot of Nebraska fans, including members here, they act like the sky is falling at 8-2. Of course, we were heckled for that abysmal Wisconsin performance. For those that follow football nationally, there are a lot of performances like that across the country, embarrassing losses. Hell, we are a Top 25 team in every poll and Sagarin, but many local Nebraska fans discount this team much more than that.

I would say our national perception is better than our local one. It is certainly debatable, but I don't disagree with that statement. For a lot of Nebraska fans, they act like the sky is falling at 8-2. Of course, we were heckled for that abysmal Wisconsin performance. For those that follow football nationally, there are a lot of performances like that across the country, embarrassing losses. Hell, we are a Top 25 team in every poll and Sagarin, but many local Nebraska fans discount this team much more than that.

There was only one 408 yd rushing performance in three quarters.

There was only one 70-31 CCG in 2012.

As for Nebraska's ranking.....well let's talk Sunday morning.

• Fire 1

I would say our national perception is better than our local one. It is certainly debatable, but I don't disagree with that statement. For a lot of Nebraska fans, including members here, they act like the sky is falling at 8-2. Of course, we were heckled for that abysmal Wisconsin performance. For those that follow football nationally, there are a lot of performances like that across the country, embarrassing losses. Hell, we are a Top 25 team in every poll and Sagarin, but many local Nebraska fans discount this team much more than that.

Well isn't that speciiaaaalll! even if it were true, which it ain't

• Fire 1

For a lot of Nebraska fans, including members here, they act like the sky is falling at 8-2.

What about the stat posted earlier this week though that says that since 2011, we lead the nation in most losses of 17 points or more? What do you do with that? That's a four-season span.

**Edit - I accidentally said 'most wins of 17 points...' Fixed.

I think a lot of Nebraska fans like to think our national perception is really bad, but when it comes down to it most people aren't really that concerned with Nebraska football and that they got beat badly by Wisconsin. I wasn't overly concerned when Oklahoma lost to Baylor 48-14 a couple of weeks ago. I smirked a little and went on my way. The same can be said when LSU lost to Auburn 37-0.

I think about it for maybe 30 seconds tops and move on.

No Nebraska football is not really relevant on the national stage right now, but really only about 7-8 teams are. Wisconsin is not really relevant either for that matter.

• Fire 1