More gems from the best OC in the game....

lo country

Beck was asked to assess his unit’s confidence level in the wake of the Wisconsin loss and recent struggles.

“That game’s over – you move on. It’s one game,” he said. “Any player who’s ever competed, and put himself out on the line, goes through this. You can’t judge yourself because of a game or two games or three games and say, ‘This defines me as a coach, as a player, as a team.’ It was a game. That’s what it was. We have two games left for sure. And we go from there.

“If you ask me if we’re a good offense, I’m going to say we are a good offense. I believe we’re a good offense. Did we play a good offensive game last week? Maybe for three drives. Then we didn’t. That’s reality. But I’m not going to second-guess our kids, what we’re doing, our coaches, by any means. It’s been proven over a long period of time.

“You just keep plugging away. You keep working.”

They’re very active up front, good secondary -- they play the ball well,” he said. “They play a lot of (man-to-man). They play their system. They’ve recruited to it. They coach good technique. They’re rarely out of position. They’re a good tackling team in space. It’s a good defense.” Imagine, playing a defined system on D, recruit to it and coach good technique.....Wish our staff on both sides did this...

This guy just doesn't get it......Not at all. It's not one game Tim, its four years of your mind numbing stubborn crap.

Even if Bo were to stay, if Beck is gone it's a huge win IMO.........

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/life-in-the-red/beck-not-second-guessing-his-system/article_3b087d20-719a-11e4-9882-1f39fb3be5cf.html

lo country, I read that article this morning or yesterday, whatever, and shook my head through the whole thing. You are so right, he is absolutely clueless to act like this was a one game anomaly. The other loss this year was a gift wrapped win thanks to field position in the first half against Sparty, but he couldn't figure out how to get any points. Then the Huskers made a mad dash at the end, but no thanks to his offense. A punt return ignited that charge for the most part.

The only statement of his that made any sense was "it's been proven over a long period of time." He just needed to say "the ineptitude of this multiple offense and my lack of knowledge in play calling.....has been proven over a long period of time."

Between Bo, Beck, and Pap-useless, that's what $4 million a year of the great state of Nebraska's taxpayers money?

Funny Wisconsin replaced 9 guys on D from a year ago and they have the right guys for the system, make tackles, are in the right spots with a rookie DC. If Tim had a clue we would have put up 40 on those guys. What's more worrisome is what the hell is our D doing that we can't play D like they do? You can't tell me wisconsin has more talent on D.

• Fire 4

lo country, I read that article this morning or yesterday, whatever, and shook my head through the whole thing. You are so right, he is absolutely clueless to act like this was a one game anomaly. The other loss this year was a gift wrapped win thanks to field position in the first half against Sparty, but he couldn't figure out how to get any points. Then the Huskers made a mad dash at the end, but no thanks to his offense. A punt return ignited that charge for the most part.

The only statement of his that made any sense was "it's been proven over a long period of time." He just needed to say "the ineptitude of this multiple offense and my lack of knowledge in play calling.....has been proven over a long period of time."

Between Bo, Beck, and Pap-useless, that's what $4 million a year of the great state of Nebraska's taxpayers money?

Ya that decision to kick off into the wind boned us in the MSU game. Couldn't even attempt two field goals because of it in the 1st quarter.

He's saying the right things. The problem is that we ever got to this point.

But just as you can't rest on the laurels of past success, you can't get shaken up by a bad performance. Everyone still has a job to do in preparing for next week.

Somewhat related, but are they starting Ryne Reeves yet?

• Fire 1

Funny Wisconsin replaced 9 guys on D from a year ago and they have the right guys for the system, make tackles, are in the right spots with a rookie DC. If Tim had a clue we would have put up 40 on those guys. What's more worrisome is what the hell is our D doing that we can't play D like they do? You can't tell me wisconsin has more talent on D.

Man you said it alright. 9 new starters on defense and a new DC and in one year they are among the best defenses in the country.

I wonder if the key word is NEW....

Not sure I follow the 'saying the right thing' comment. For all practical purposes, the game was (1) for the west division, (2) a berth in the B1GCG, (3) an outside shot of playoff talk and (4) a high end bowl game and (5) an opportunity to beat a ranked opponent that stuck it up our ass 2 of the last 3 times played - all on national TV. Last Saturday was NOT just another game, a lot of stuff was riding on a win in Madison. (maybe I missed your sarcasm?)

Pelini will start the next 3 games.

Funny how we have had this conversation about our defense ever since Suh left. If I were to look at things in a big picture manner it would seem like Suh was the only reason the defensive scheme worked against good teams. The Huskers out talent lesser teams now, but refuse to see its the scheme holding them back from being competitive against better teams without him. And it seems like we have plenty of talent to field a good offense and even returned many key areas with experience but they act like they are learning everything new again every year. It all just baffles me these past few seasons.

Not sure I follow the 'saying the right thing' comment. For all practical purposes, the game was (1) for the west division, (2) a berth in the B1GCG, (3) an outside shot of playoff talk and (4) a high end bowl game and (5) an opportunity to beat a ranked opponent that stuck it up our ass 2 of the last 3 times played - all on national TV. Last Saturday was NOT just another game, a lot of stuff was riding on a win in Madison. (maybe I missed your sarcasm?)

Pelini will start the next 3 games.

Well, the message is a pretty typical "don't ride the highs, or the lows" one. I agree about the scale of the terribleness, but they have to be moving on to Minnesota, right? As much as we are upset about it, it does the team no good to get down on themselves. They need to be dialed in and grinding back at it.

Guess what I'm saying is beat him up for the results, not for the coachspeak he has to deliver afterwards. I mean at that point there's nothing to say, they need to do a lot better than they have been.

But ugh, I don't think this staff is going to get it done. We'll see...

• Fire 1