Senior Day - 33 Years Ago - 1981

T_O_Bull

On a beautiful day in late November my wife and I sat in the sun on the 40 yard line, three rows down from the top of the East Stadium. We were in the sun, we were warm, even for late November, and our beloved Huskers were on the field below and the Seniors were being introduced individually. A few minutes later it was announced that WB Anthony 'Slick' Steels would be singing the National Anthem. In my mind I thought, "Oh no. Another botched rendition of the Stars Spangled Banner is about to happen." I could not have been more wrong. Young Mr. Steels sang this very hard Anthem perfectly. Just as it should be sung. It was a very special moment, One that I will never forget.

T_O_B

• Fire 1

On this day, beanman pooped in his diaper.

how old were you? 12?

#boom #gamedayroasting

No, but once I sh#t my pants when I was about 29 without realizing it even came out until I felt that warm feeling down there #flupoopypants

no shame in that. the sphincter often has a mind of its own.

Wish there was footage of that.

(The anthem. LOL. Other things in this thread, not so much.)

I loved Steels... My fav memory was the halfback pass in the Orange Bowl vs Clemson. Pity about the rest. That was the first game I watched on TV from start to finish with my dad.

Those are special moments.

T_O_B

I loved Steels... My fav memory was the halfback pass in the Orange Bowl vs Clemson. Pity about the rest. That was the first game I watched on TV from start to finish with my dad.

What do you mean?

We got whupped and the NC flew bye bye.

Great av of you and your youngin' KC

T_O_B

• Fire 1