****** What Did We Learn - Minny Edition ******

walksalone

No new information was gleaned from this embarrassment so I'll dispense with that.

I don't want to be perceived as an "I told you so" kind of guy, because I feel no animosity towards people who support Bo Pelini. I wish him and his family well.

But right about the time Kenny Bell was pontificating to the press after being crushed by a far superior coaching staff, I felt this result was very predictable.

I think we've seen all that we need to see. Thanks to the seniors that gave their all. Hopefully the threshold you set will be exceeded by a more competent group of coaches. If the Administration has any clue what's going on in this program, act quickly and decisively, and forget about "national perception" while you go about doing the right thing for the future. In year seven of Pelini's tenure, we are a middle of the pack B1G West school.

That's unacceptable.

The Good

* Much better from the offense, and especially Tommy.

* There's a lot of talent on this team.

* There's no reason Nebraska shouldn't have a very bright future, yes, with these players.

The Bad

* There's no excuse for not throttling Minnesota.

* It's so hard to have confidence in the coaching staff.

* Like the players, it's not ability or coaching know-how. It's the mentality. I don't see how this is going to change without a change of Head Coach.

The Unbelievable

* If Bo wins out, he's still going to break through the 4-loss barrier. Think about that. /yay?

* If we go 8-4 or 9-4 and Bo doesn't melt down off the field, he probably saves his job. And the holding pattern will continue, maddeningly...

• Fire 1