Fairweather Vs. Fed the @$@#$ Up

I had to start this thread.

I am seeing people attacked as fairweather fans for saying "Fire Bo."

I, for one, thought Bo drove every last nail into the coffin himself.

Doesn't want to change offensive schemes.

Doesn't want to change offensive staffs.

Doesn't want to change defensive schemes.

Doesn't want to change defensive staffs.

A few years ago, regardless of how it came out (and it was bush league that it did, yes), he was heard saying that the fans would be sorry he was gone when he's gone.

Well, the chickens have come home to roost, now.

That's not being a fairweather fan. That's being fed the #$@$@ up at this 'product' on the field.

• Fire 7

pretty funny that anyone who criticized bo was ostracized, alienated, and generally attacked. then bo proves them all right and people come back because their general consensus is well-received and the majority opinion, and they still get called out.

damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Yeah, but those guys always get to hide behind the "well we're better fans for always supporting!!" bullcrap.

pretty funny that anyone who criticized bo was ostracized, alienated, and generally attacked. then bo proves them all right and people come back because their general consensus is well-received and the majority opinion, and they still get called out.

Yeah, but those guys always get to hide behind the "well we're better fans for always supporting!!" bullcrap.

or "we were not bo fans. but it made sense to give him one more year. he was a 9 win coach, afterall. but now. NOW we have seen enough." for some reason this year is different than last. even though it is not.

Enabling poor coaching and inferior product should not give anyone a leg up on being a better fan. More naive or accepting of lower standards? Yes, but not a better fan.

• Fire 2

I had to start this thread.

I am seeing people attacked as fairweather fans for saying "Fire Bo."

I, for one, thought Bo drove every last nail into the coffin himself.

Doesn't want to change offensive schemes.

Doesn't want to change offensive staffs.

Doesn't want to change defensive schemes.

Doesn't want to change defensive staffs.

A few years ago, regardless of how it came out (and it was bush league that it did, yes), he was heard saying that the fans would be sorry he was gone when he's gone.

Well, the chickens have come home to roost, now.

That's not being a fairweather fan. That's being fed the #$@$@ up at this 'product' on the field.

tumblr_mztid8EBUC1qz8x31o1_500.gif

Leadership and direction has to change. There could be some dark days ahead (i.e. 5 loss seasons) as a new staff has a lot of crap to clean up. I'd be willing to endure that as long as I clearly saw we were going in the right direction, saw we had the right man and staff in charge, and saw significant improvement on player development. The seasons with Bo he has had guys like Suh, TMart, L. David, Burkhead, and Abdullah to save his ass. But there are often not a lot of other leaders and playmakers getting us to that next level. I think that will be one of the marks that we are back...when you see multiple guys making significant contributions week in and week out (not relying on one player to be all world or else we will lose). When more often than not one of those guys is your punter (like this season), then that's a problem. There are plenty of guys that I thought by this time would be much improved and major contributors...but they just aren't there.

I agree with this poster, in fact I just registered to make this comment. I have been rooting for the Huskers since late 1970's and haven't missed a game on TV or in person or the web since. I count down the days until the season starts to get myself through our awful Arizona summers here. So not a fair-weather fan in any shape, way or form.

I was happy when Bo was hired as he had a connection to Nebraska and seemed like he had the passion and energy to return us back to national prominence. However, it's been 7 years and the results are the same EVERY single year. And I don't by into this "you can't fire a coach who has 9 wins" as it takes a much wider perspective than this for the AD when making up his/her mind on coaches.

The mental breakdowns, the lack of discipline, the absolute unbelievable way we come out in the second half of games with no improvements or adjustments??? It all adds up to a need to make a change and to do so after this season is over. I would rather struggle a bit with a new coach than to keep repeating these losses and seasons for another 7 years.

I know I won't be popular with this, but I would like to See Frost come as either the HC or OC but with maybe a coach-in-waiting tag. I think it's important to hire someone with NU ties so we don't go through another Callahan era where we stop the walk-on program and alienate the entire alumni's. I think we get Tressel and sign him to a 5 year contract with Frost as the OC and then let him take over after Tressel is done.

• Fire 1