My reaction? Resigned

I'm not even angry today. I was angry last week for a bit. Today I am just resigned. We need change from top to bottom, regardless of what the outcome. I know it may lead to 3 -8 seasons...maybe even perpetually. But it is better to take the chance now, while we still have some modicum of cache associated with the Husker football reputation, rather than to let it melt away slowly over the next 4 - 5 years to where we still end up 3 - 8 and everyone around the country just expects that. Die in a heroic attempt rather than snivel in the trenches, thinking we are safe from the bullets, only to find out that trench rot has claimed our arms and legs.

I respect the kids on this team and feel they've been way under represented at the coaching level. There are two kinds of coaching staff units. One coaching staff coaches up kids, and knows how to make game time adjustments. One coaching staff exudes confidence and bravado, but coaches up no one, often coaches them down, and has not the slightest clue how to make adjustments. We have one of those two types of coaching staffs.

• Fire 1

Good post man.

I noticed it only took me like a half hour to get over this loss. I know it's prolly the more sane thing not to let a game get to you, but on the other hand when the entire fan base just shrugs after another loss that's not a good thing either.

I'm not even sure if I care if we win next week. I don't think I've ever said that in my entire life.

Jeez BigRedIowan...I didn't even think of the thread title. Thanks for the change....you are right...that could have caused folks to stroke out.

Cause they would've been so excited and then had a major letdown when they read your post! :lol: Kinda like this season?! :P:D:lol:^_^;):o<_<:unsure::blink::angry::steam:wasted

Gads man...I wish I could say that's what I intended all along..the shock value and the season long comparison. I'm just not that clever...lol.