Coaching Prospects Poll

New Head Coach  

177 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted Tressel, only because he's a coach I feel very confidently about in that if he were offered the job, he would accept it.

My first call would be Mullen, though. The job he has done at Mississippi State, against that level of competition, with the little amount of resources that program has is remarkable. Put him in that $5mill-ish range, and explain to him how much easier it would be to compete in the B10 West instead of the SEC West. I would think it could make a decision difficult for him ..

• Fire 1

Jim McElwain

Resume is solid. Watched some videos on how he talks to players. (impressive and great sense of humor)

Played QB in college so he is offensive minded.

Dude has CSU 11-1, beat a couple good teams this year. Beat his in-state rival..

Look at where he has taken the CSU program in 3 short years.

Each year is up and up.

I think 11-1 or 12-1 after 3 years at NU, the fan base would be very very happy.

I am sold on him. Not really looking for a proven cheater to lead this team.

I hope SE is reading this........

Also, I think NU needs to hire an up and coming coach. One with experience being a HC. Bo didn't have that.

A coach I really like is Ken Niumatatolo from Navy. Has been successful at Navy which is not an easy place to coach at. His teams are well coached and well disciplined.

Another coach I like is Scott Stoker who is the D coordinator at UTEP. I've seen his defenses at Sam Houston and McNeese and they are usually well coached and very aggressive. I think he is a very good coach that would do extremely well at Nebraska.

Dantonio was a HC at Cincinnati before Michigan State. Bo had one game as an interim HC, not remotely the same. Those are also garbage candidates on the previous HC list too.

The point still stands, and what I meant by Pelini is after he's done here you think his previous head coaching experience (7 years at Nebraska) will be an indicator that he will be successful somewhere else?

• Joe Moglia is too old. Basically guarantees we're doing this again in 5 years.
  • Bielema seems unlikely to come here and if you think Bo rubs people the wrong way then we're really in for something.
  • Tressel likely isn't coming here, but he's probably the most realistic of anyone that would qualify as a "fantasy" option.
  • Scott Frost is a bad hire, IMO. His resume is less impressive than Pelini's was at the end of 07. Not saying he couldn't do better than Pelini, but I don't see any indicator that he definitely would. Also, being a former QB for us is not a qualification.
  • Bronco leaving BYU seems really unlikely. Devout Mormon leaving every Mormon football coaches' dream job just doesn't seem realistic. That said, Bronco coming to Nebraska is the stuff wet dreams are made of. If he's an option than sign me up.
  • I'm really high on Hudspeth, personally.

Isn't Moglia 65? 5 years is selling the guy pretty short. Dude is both healthy and wealthy!

I wonder why Orgeron's name isn't coming up. I realize his tenure at old miss sucked but I'm kind of surprised. This is a name that would have NU all over ESPN (and good or bad, we could use the press), great recruiter and seems to have learned from his mistakes. Also, no big buy out, no multi year contract, no NCAA sanctions.

IMHO, it seems like if you want the up and comer coordinator, Frosty is the guy. If you want a name hire with experience, Orgeron does the trick.

My vote is for Jim McElwain. But, I think the chances are slim. Florida is rumored to be sniffing around. I mean honestly, between Florida and Nebraska its an easy choice. SEC vs BIG10. They can offer every bit of what we can. The rest of the list is "pipe dreams". Unfortunately I think we are stuck with Bo. The 90's are over......I don't see us reaching that height anytime soon. Unless we can offer Saban 15 mil a year to come here. :D