Coaching Prospects Poll

New Head Coach  

177 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Tressel is the name that jumps off the list for me for pretty obvious reasons. Track record. Knows the conference. Recruiting potential. Maximizing resources. I'd be the last person to feel qualified enough to make the hire, but the scandal business as I've heard it explained does not register for me as a real problem––small potatoes in the scheme of things.

I also have no idea if he's a realistic possibility.

Edit: I guess the most important part of this for me is not so much who the person is. It's that the process is respected. If we're prepared to spend the kind of dough we're contemplating spending . . . be choosy about it.

Hudspeth?

God, no! That guy is working on his fourth or fifth season with a 4 loss record. That's right. 4 losses. Every year for the last 3 years headed into 2014 and he is on track to find his 4th loss in the next couple weeks.

Let's try for better than that, if we are going to dump Bo.

Hudspeth?

God, no! That guy is working on his fourth or fifth season with a 4 loss record. That's right. 4 losses. Every year for the last 3 years headed into 2014 and he is on track to find his 4th loss in the next couple weeks.

Let's try for better than that, if we are going to dump Bo.

Four losses at ULL is much different than 4 losses at Nebraska. ULL probably has a couple games each season against way more talented opponents...like us a few years ago.

Tressel has a show cause in place til Dec 19 of 2016. No chance he s being hired.

Isn't it something like he can't coach a couple of regular season games and a CCG? And isn't there an appeals process?

His penalty is 5 regular season games and any post season play, and the name itself is a reference to the appeal process, and it basically would put Nebraska on a heavy probation with 6 month check in's, and any violation found has the penalty greatly increased.