what is teh best way to move forward with Bo

dtbugeater

The glaring obvious thing is greater emphasis on OL and DL in the recruiting process. The other glaring obvious thing is Bo's defensive scheme with regards to B1G offenses. It's quite obvious the rest of the B1G coaches have figured out Bo's scheme and know how to exploit it. I'm not nearly as down on Beck as most on here. We've already run one OC down the road, and he's been pretty successful since he left. I'm more of the opinion that Bo has his fingers in the offensive pot more than we'd like to admit. He needs to stop micromanaging his staff. He hires yes men because he micromanages so much. In order for Bo to become successful, he needs to let his staff do their job.

• Fire 1

Hire an experienced OC and DC. On O, one who brings a power running game that is not dependent on a pocket passing QB for success. A DC who does away with the 2 gap crap. One who brings and attacking mentality. Guys proven they can develop players.

Bo just seems unlikely to give up the reigns. If we keep him, they need to be strong willed and not yes men. Guys who can stand up to Bo.

• Fire 2

All I would need is an extra hour to prime before watching the games...

OR-

He would have to change up his defensive scheme. More attacking and different looks. Before recruiting ANYBODY on D, make sure they can tackle!

Replace OC, DC, TE coach, LB coach, S&C coaching staff (with the exception of a couple players, NU looks weak and soft). Even greater emphasis on recruiting (it is getting better). Develop players. If he can succesfully develop players, then our depth would be better and we could substitute more. Bench undeperforming players. Embrace the fans and media (easier said than done!) stop turning a major advantage of NU football into a negatively motivational tool and divisive force.

I don't think he changes a thing.

Move to FCS

Or we just don't move foreword wt Bo. The answer is obvious. NU is too proud of a program, too much invested, too much emotional support from the best fans in college football to accept 6th or 7th place in a conference we should be winning. Losing to Minn 2 years in a row and almost lose to a McNeese State in the same year, getting blown out consistently in big games is beneath the tradition and the investment in this program.

Step 1: Get rid of Bo

Step 2: From an AD perspective, SE needs to identify the type of ball he wants played here. I think its fairly obvious the current staff doesnt even know what kind of ball they play or want to play.

Step 3: Hire the individual that had the best plan on how to win championships. This must include how the offense and defense will compliment eachother.

Step 4: Win games.

The glaring obvious thing is greater emphasis on OL and DL in the recruiting process. The other glaring obvious thing is Bo's defensive scheme with regards to B1G offenses. It's quite obvious the rest of the B1G coaches have figured out Bo's scheme and know how to exploit it. I'm not nearly as down on Beck as most on here. We've already run one OC down the road, and he's been pretty successful since he left. I'm more of the opinion that Bo has his fingers in the offensive pot more than we'd like to admit. He needs to stop micromanaging his staff. He hires yes men because he micromanages so much. In order for Bo to become successful, he needs to let his staff do their job.

^^ This. Also, lose the pooch and get a real DC.