Bo would fire an assistant who is not doing his job

knapplc

From today's presser:

Brian Rosenthal @HuskerExtraBR

"Would I fire somebody to save my own job? No. Would I fire somebody who deserved to be fired? Yes." -- Bo Pelini.

I would have expected him to say he wouldn't fire someone to save his job. If that's how that question was presented to him that reporter is an idiot. You can frame a question better than that.

I'll believe Bo will fire an underperforming assistant when I see it. The list seems long at this point and we've seen no terminations yet.

• Fire 2

I think that's a good answer, and the right answer. Bo is not a bad man and his loyalty is commendable. His decisions about which staff members deserve to be retained forever and which need to be let go is a different story. He's the head coach and he's made the call on every assistant every year he's been here, and while we are just armchair outsiders, I think some of those calls have rightly come into question.

From today's presser:

Brian Rosenthal ‏@HuskerExtraBR

"Would I fire somebody to save my own job? No. Would I fire somebody who deserved to be fired? Yes." -- Bo Pelini.

I would have expected him to say he wouldn't fire someone to save his job. If that's how that question was presented to him that reporter is an idiot. You can frame a question better than that.

I'll believe Bo will fire an underperforming assistant when I see it. The list seems long at this point and we've seen no terminations yet.

How would Pelini discover whether or not if an assistant is doing his job? The first one to speak up and challenge Bo would get canned. That guys job is to listen, and listen only. Bo is the boss, and its his way or the highway.

Well it was certainly an honest way to phrase the question, although it guaranteed the predictible answer.

I don't know the more delicate way to ask Pelini what we're all wondering, but he's never going to throw his staff under the bus while the season is still being played, nor should he.

I'm kinda curious if he'd be willing to fire someone to save his job. A lot more curious who he'd choose to bring in, and whether it reflected even the slightest bit of self-reflection on Pelini's part.

I'll send him a list:

Papuchis, Beck, Cotton, Garrison, Els, S&C guy, himself, janitor, etc...

That's the problem, the list is so long it's essentially like asking Bo to start over again. Won't be much left after the carnage that would be Bo cleaning house. That scares me more than finding a replacement for him.

You are no Drax. :)

I do not believe Bo when he says this because he hasn't done it once. In seven years.

There have been several instances that have elicited termination, inept offenses, purported drug use and harassing females, complete embarrassments on defense, lack of motivation to recruit, laughable special teams. Inept linebackers, quarterbacks who don't progress, misses in S&C......

Not one termination.

So yeah Bo, you're a liar.

I do not believe Bo when he says this because he hasn't done it once. In seven years.

There have been several instances that have elicited termination, inept offenses, purported drug use and harassing females, complete embarrassments on defense, lack of motivation to recruit, laughable special teams. Inept linebackers, quarterbacks who don't progress, misses in S&C......

Not one termination.

So yeah Bo, you're a liar.

yeah, although weren't Watson and Carl essentially forced out?