Bo's record vs ranked opponents

I was comparing all the coaches after Tom, vs ranked opp.

Somewhere I read Bo is 5-19 vs ranked opponents? That is wrong, because I'm a stats guy I had to check myself.

Bo is 9-17

Bill was 4-10

Frank was 11-13

Ps typing on iPad sucks

Probably depends which poll you're referring to and if you're looking at final ranking vs ranking at the time? I just assumed people could count but maybe they're wrong.

It tells me that Clownahan actually coached with the softest schedule. He only endured 3.5 games a year against top 25 competition. It also tells me Solich coached against the toughest schedule enduring 4 games a year against top 25 competition. It should also be noted that Solich won almost half the time against top 25 teams. Other than that, it really doesn't tell us anything other than Bo is doing a better job than Clownahan.

• Fire 1

It tells me that Clownahan actually coached with the softest schedule. He only endured 3.5 games a year against top 25 competition. It also tells me Solich coached against the toughest schedule enduring 4 games a year against top 25 competition. It should also be noted that Solich won almost half the time against top 25 teams. Other than that, it really doesn't tell us anything other than Bo is doing a better job than Clownahan.

Cally's just all came in a single year

Ranked at the time of the game, or end of the season?

I only have TOG, based on rankings on schedule of huskers.com, here's what it is:

Osborne in first 7 seasons, 16-12 (7 of 12 losses were to Oklahoma)

Solich in 6 seasons, 11-14 (lost 7 straight between last 2 to end 2001 season, and all ranked teams in 2002)

Callahan in 4 seasons, 2-10 (lost last 6)

Pelini in 7 seasons, 8-18 (lost 5 of last 6)

Osborne's record is deceiving as the AP Poll, which I believe is what huskers.com uses, only had a top 20 for most of his career. I think it was 1989 when the AP expanded their poll to 25 teams.

Gotta love the people that talk smack on how weak the schedule was when we were in the B8. Weird, more ranked teams played during that time - in lesser games - compared to the vaunted days of the B12 and B1G.

Ranked at the time of the game, or end of the season?

I only have TOG, based on rankings on schedule of huskers.com, here's what it is:

Osborne in first 7 seasons, 16-12 (7 of 12 losses were to Oklahoma)

Solich in 6 seasons, 11-14 (lost 7 straight at end of 2001 season, and all ranked teams in 2002)

Callahan in 4 seasons, 2-10 (lost last 6)

Pelini in 7 seasons, 8-18 (lost 5 of last 6)

Osborne's record is deceiving as the AP Poll, which I believe is what huskers.com uses, only had a top 20 for most of his career. I think it was 1989 when the AP expanded their poll to 25 teams.

Gotta love the people that talk smack on how weak the schedule was when we were in the B8. Weird, more ranked teams played during that time - in lesser games - compared to the vaunted days of the B12 and B1G.

Ding ding ding

What you forgot to take into consideration that Frank was given the keys to the program at it's peak and had four years of Tom's recruits. Then proceed to put the program into the toilet in 5 years. Bill did a decent job of filling the cupboards (at least compared to Frank and Bo's recruiting levels) and then Bo did a better job of winning with those recruits than Bill did. But now we are left with Bo recruits and are in a cripple fight with Iowa on Friday to see who is the third best program in the B1G West.

• Fire 1