The Sock Puppet Rides!

All this talk of Frost and Tressle being a package deal... How the hell does that come to be? Hey Tressle, you're hired and this is your OC. I don't think he would go for that, nor Frost.

Simple. Eichorst has a vision. Get an extremely successful and experienced guy to be interested. Then "suggest". Hey Jim, I have this thought i youd be interested in coaching here for a few years, about an OC as kind of a coach in waiting type of deal. Jim and Scott meet. Talk. Share ideas and philosophies to make sure they could operate well together. They can. Eich gets the deal hatched up. Everyones happy.

It's not as ridiculous of a stretch as you would think. Hell, maybe Tress says he wanted Frost on his own. He wants a prodigal son coming home type deal to help immediately reunite a fanbase and relate to the players what it REALLY means to play for Nebraska, so that Tressel can take advantage of all things special about Nebraska, and give him the ultimate inroads to embracing everything here.

it's really not that complicated. Lots of intangible dynamics that could lead to such a crazy deal.

Stop teasing, you cruel fantasy-spinning tempstress

I like to speculate and discuss just as much as anyone. Just because I have heard things from people I trust and people I know where they stand with the program doesn't mean I can't discuss things just like everyone else.

Well it seems every name brought up you automatically shoot down. From a speculation standpoint who do you speculate it will be?

I was never told that it was not Schiano. I just said I'd be mad if it was.

So really you havent been told anything other than "you'll be happy". On top of that you dont have any speculative guesses or contrary to your previous statements you dont like to speculate as to who it will be.

If I was dangling cliffhanger style and only way I could be saved was to name 1 person It'd be: Dan Mullen.

I have not been told it was Dan Mullen.

All of these "insiders" are the same. Make a statement, people believe it, make another vague statement just in case your guess is wrong so you don't look like an idiot. Rinse. Repeat.

That's pretty vague, man.
My sources tell me that you're either right or wrong, man.

All of these "insiders" are the same. Make a statement, people believe it, make another vague statement just in case your guess is wrong so you don't look like an idiot. Rinse. Repeat.

Or more accurately some actually have connections. No one really knows for certain. Information gets shared to the best of people's abilities. situations are fluid. things change. rinse. repeat.

I like to speculate and discuss just as much as anyone. Just because I have heard things from people I trust and people I know where they stand with the program doesn't mean I can't discuss things just like everyone else.

Well it seems every name brought up you automatically shoot down. From a speculation standpoint who do you speculate it will be?

I was never told that it was not Schiano. I just said I'd be mad if it was.

So really you havent been told anything other than "you'll be happy". On top of that you dont have any speculative guesses or contrary to your previous statements you dont like to speculate as to who it will be.

If I was dangling cliffhanger style and only way I could be saved was to name 1 person It'd be: Dan Mullen.

I have not been told it was Dan Mullen.

Now we're getting somewhere. You think he would bounce out of Miss St after the season he has been having? I just find it hard to believe a guy having the type of season he is having in the SEC and all the "advantages" of the SEC would bounce to the B1G.

Or more accurately some actually have connections. No one really knows for certain. Information gets shared to the best of people's abilities. situations are fluid. things change. rinse repeat.

Thats called taking a guess, not having "sources".

So new RUMOR is Frost coming in as HC but will be hiring TO as Asst. HC to help him for first couple years. Get you some of that!!

I've been reading this entire thread for the last couple days and originally thought Tressel like a lot of others, but the longer it goes I really wouldn't be surprised to see something along these lines with TO somehow being involved. You can't deny it would unite the masses once again.

Or more accurately some actually have connections. No one really knows for certain. Information gets shared to the best of people's abilities. situations are fluid. things change. rinse repeat.

Thats called taking a guess, not having "sources".

is wikipedia a "source"?