Redshirt

Rumor/Speculation: Why not Art Briles?

VectorVictor    1,775

Because he's attached to the repressed hypocritical teetotalers of Waco and their ilk.

Baylor is his dream job, just like being a janitor at Channel 62 was Stanley Spadowski's dream, even though Stanley's talent transcended mere janitorial duties.

huskerhill    211

Because he's attached to the repressed hypocritical teetotalers of Waco and their ilk.

Baylor is his dream job, just like being a janitor at Channel 62 was Stanley Spadowski's dream, even though Stanley's talent transcended mere janitorial duties.

Who wants to drink from the fire hose?!?!?

Briles passed on UT last year and has a 10 year contract paying him over 4 million a year. Even if he wanted to come to NU his buy out would be a deal breaker.

Briles despises UT, that's why he passed them up.

Savage Husker    552

I had respected Sam Ponder prior to the Gameday segment with Briles, I think she is an intelligent reporter and not just a pretty face, but after she said the following, I doubled down on my respect for her.

“What I’d always liked about Art Briles before is he seemed like a straight shooter, in all my time with him. I respected that. But in this interview, I didn’t think he was a straight shooter,” she said. “He did not say what he was sorry for. How can you accept an apology from someone if they don’t say what they did?

“There’s a huge difference between saying, ‘I was in charge and I didn’t know what happened and didn’t do anything, because I didn’t know what happened,’ and ‘I was in charge, I was told, I knew about the accusations and didn’t do anything.’ I don’t know which it is yet, and he hasn’t owned up specifically. I don’t know how you hire a guy or accept the apology of a guy who hasn’t told you why he’s apologizing.”

While Herbstreit gave Briles the benefit of the doubt, she said it like it is and while unfortunately was right, she had a good read and didn't take a politically correct stance like some did and others would as well.

ZRod    2,721

Wow, that is brutal. Briles is truly the epitome of a piece of crap, he may be even lower than crap.
It's something that would not have been out of place at almost every program 20 years ago. That still doesn't make it right then or now though. I would hope we would all know right from wrong when faced with similar situations as he was.

junior4949    529

Wow, that is brutal. Briles is truly the epitome of a piece of crap, he may be even lower than crap.
It's something that would not have been out of place at almost every program 20 years ago. That still doesn't make it right then or now though. I would hope we would all know right from wrong when faced with similar situations as he was.

I don't know about every program, but I do know of one program. Those who live in glass houses shouldn't cast stones.

I thought Briles was a good coach. I was wrong.

He can still be a good coach and a sh**** human being, and being a sh**** human being should prevent him from getting any future coaching jobs.

Kiyoat Husker    1,457

I wonder how Briles' lawsuit against Baylor is going? Supposedly he is suing for Baylor preventing him from getting another coaching job, LOL! I'm thinking this new information that DIRECTLY links him to cover-ups will put an end to that, but who knows... his son is still coaching.

ScottyIce    1,807

I wonder how Briles' lawsuit against Baylor is going? Supposedly he is suing for Baylor preventing him from getting another coaching job, LOL! I'm thinking this new information that DIRECTLY links him to cover-ups will put an end to that, but who knows... his son is still coaching.

He will get a chance to coach again I bet. Just never as a HC again. Could not trust him to make the right decisions in the end.

GSG    5,678

Art Briles Drops Lawsuit Against Baylor Because He "Wants Some Peace In His Life"

Saunders    6,112

I don't know about every program, but I do know of one program. Those who live in glass houses shouldn't cast stones.

Please tell me you aren't comparing a systemic cover up throughout the entire university of Baylor, involving dozens of student athletes and local police force in Waco, to the incidents with the Peter brothers and Lawrence Phillips.

Please tell me you aren't comparing a systemic cover up throughout the entire university of Baylor, involving dozens of student athletes and local police force in Waco, to the incidents with the Peter brothers and Lawrence Phillips.

You forgot a deputy DA as well as the president of the university. Waco is a giant clusterfudge.

Kiyoat Husker    1,457

Art Briles Drops Lawsuit Against Baylor Because He "Wants Some Peace In His Life"

HA! That's rich....from the article:

“I’m sorry we didn’t get this resolved for all the Baylor people, so they could know the truth,” Briles’ attorney, Ernest Cannon of Stephenville, said Wednesday.

“A man can only carry so much.”

I’m sure a new lawsuit alleging that the Baylor football staff brought in women to have sex with recruits and also that Baylor players had committed 52 rapes under Briles had nothing to do with Briles dropping his lawsuit.

NUance    6,941

Can we just delete this thread. I'm almost embarrassed just to see his name on the board.

Yeah, this thread doesn't really have any bearing on Husker football. But no need to kill it with fire. I put it out to pasture in Rumorville instead. :lol:

junior4949    529

Unfortunately, there were more involved than the three you listed. I'm not going to go into any more details as this is something that's been cussed and discussed on this board for well over a decade. I'm not really comparing the situations. I'm simply agreeing with the poster that said this is something that wouldn't have been out of place 20 years ago. 20 years ago, Briles more than likely is still the HC at Baylor.

knapplc    18,498

You forgot a deputy DA as well as the president of the university. Waco is a giant clusterfudge.

Granola Fudge Clusters

1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips

1 cup butterscotch chips

1-1/4 cups granola cereal without raisins

1 cup chopped walnuts

In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate and butterscotch chips; stir until smooth. Stir in granola and walnuts.

Drop by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until firm. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.

Kiyoat Husker    1,457

Can we just delete this thread. I'm almost embarrassed just to see his name on the board.

Yeah, this thread doesn't really have any bearing on Husker football. But no need to kill it with fire. I put it out to pasture in Rumorville instead. :lol:

Could also merge with the the existing active thread in "other sports".... but what do I know......

Hedley Lamarr    2,185

Granola Fudge Clusters

1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips

1 cup butterscotch chips

1-1/4 cups granola cereal without raisins

1 cup chopped walnuts

In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate and butterscotch chips; stir until smooth. Stir in granola and walnuts.

Drop by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until firm. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.

Thanks Roxy