Rumor/Speculation: Why not Art Briles?

Wow, that is brutal. Briles is truly the epitome of a piece of crap, he may be even lower than crap.
It's something that would not have been out of place at almost every program 20 years ago. That still doesn't make it right then or now though. I would hope we would all know right from wrong when faced with similar situations as he was.

Wow, that is brutal. Briles is truly the epitome of a piece of crap, he may be even lower than crap.
It's something that would not have been out of place at almost every program 20 years ago. That still doesn't make it right then or now though. I would hope we would all know right from wrong when faced with similar situations as he was.

I don't know about every program, but I do know of one program. Those who live in glass houses shouldn't cast stones.

I wonder how Briles' lawsuit against Baylor is going? Supposedly he is suing for Baylor preventing him from getting another coaching job, LOL! I'm thinking this new information that DIRECTLY links him to cover-ups will put an end to that, but who knows... his son is still coaching.

He will get a chance to coach again I bet. Just never as a HC again. Could not trust him to make the right decisions in the end.

I don't know about every program, but I do know of one program. Those who live in glass houses shouldn't cast stones.

Please tell me you aren't comparing a systemic cover up throughout the entire university of Baylor, involving dozens of student athletes and local police force in Waco, to the incidents with the Peter brothers and Lawrence Phillips.

Please tell me you aren't comparing a systemic cover up throughout the entire university of Baylor, involving dozens of student athletes and local police force in Waco, to the incidents with the Peter brothers and Lawrence Phillips.

You forgot a deputy DA as well as the president of the university. Waco is a giant clusterfudge.

• Fire 1

I wonder how Briles' lawsuit against Baylor is going? Supposedly he is suing for Baylor preventing him from getting another coaching job, LOL! I'm thinking this new information that DIRECTLY links him to cover-ups will put an end to that, but who knows... his son is still coaching.

Art Briles Drops Lawsuit Against Baylor Because He "Wants Some Peace In His Life"

HA! That's rich....from the article:

“I’m sorry we didn’t get this resolved for all the Baylor people, so they could know the truth,” Briles’ attorney, Ernest Cannon of Stephenville, said Wednesday.

“A man can only carry so much.”

I’m sure a new lawsuit alleging that the Baylor football staff brought in women to have sex with recruits and also that Baylor players had committed 52 rapes under Briles had nothing to do with Briles dropping his lawsuit.

Can we just delete this thread. I'm almost embarrassed just to see his name on the board.

Yeah, this thread doesn't really have any bearing on Husker football. But no need to kill it with fire. I put it out to pasture in Rumorville instead. :lol:

Unfortunately, there were more involved than the three you listed. I'm not going to go into any more details as this is something that's been cussed and discussed on this board for well over a decade. I'm not really comparing the situations. I'm simply agreeing with the poster that said this is something that wouldn't have been out of place 20 years ago. 20 years ago, Briles more than likely is still the HC at Baylor.