possible staff changes impacting prospects/commits?

To be clear, this is not a "what if" or rumors thread. Just wondering if anyone has heard or seen anything legitimate from prospects or commits regarding their thoughts on the coaching situation. Last season many in the Bo camp berated a good chunk of posters on here for even discussing it for fear that a recruit would read it and bolt. Well, it's pretty well front and center this season so just checking to see if it's even started to come up. Coaches still in contact, etc?

To be clear, this is not a "what if" or rumors thread. Just wondering if anyone has heard or seen anything legitimate from prospects or commits regarding their thoughts on the coaching situation. Last season many in the Bo camp berated a good chunk of posters on here for even discussing it for fear that a recruit would read it and bolt. Well, it's pretty well front and center this season so just checking to see if it's even started to come up. Coaches still in contact, etc?

I would hope they are still in contact as that is part of their job. Until they get that pink slip, they are still employed to do their job, no matter how inept they are at it.

I would hope they are still in contact as that is part of their job. Until they get that pink slip, they are still employed to do their job, no matter how inept they are at it.

They're in an evaluation period, not sure how much contact they can have - but there should be a ton of trips scheduled when that period ends on the 30th. Anyone know of recruits talking about upcoming visits, etc? Just curious what the pulse of the recruiting side of things is.

Would be interesting and probably not in a good way. A lot of this class was built based on connections the kids had to Nebraska and the current staff.

Lee has Nebraska connections and basically brought Anderson with him. I think those two are solid, especially since enrolling early.

Gaylord is a long-time Husker fan and I would think would be solid.

The Davis twins would worry me. They have a strong connection to Garrison. If he is gone, I could easily see them leave.

Bussey would almost assuredly be gone.

Not sure on Morgan. Could go either way.

Aaron Williams is an early enrollee so I'd hope he'd stay but if Warren is gone, it wouldn't be shocking to see him look.

Decker and Neal would likely stay.

Jurkovic is looking at tOSU. May flip anyway but would probably leave if the staff is fired.

Dillman and Lundie are question marks anyway.

• Fire 1

The staff was planning to go on the road today but will obviously not now. Cotton and some of the staff will work on recruiting from on campus but no one will go on the road until the new coach is hired.

All indications are that Eichorst has a guy lined up and the decision will be made shortly.

I'm sure it is emotional when a young man spends hours and hours talking with coaches and finally commits only to have that coach get fired when the purge happens. My hope is that the kids will wait to see who the next coach is before ruling us out again. While I wouldn't want to hamstring an incoming coach with using the previous assistants, I'd really like to see a few retained. Kaz, Warren, Fisher and Brown come to mind. It will be interesting and no doubt a few of these recruits move on.