The Fall From Grace

T_O_Bull

Almost 50 years ago I sat down and watched Nebraska play Oklahoma in what would become a legendary game. I had no real allegiance to a college team at the start of that game, at the end I was rock solid RED for the rest of my life. The only game of significance on TG was the Husker/Sooner game. Then came the beginning of the end. The Big 8 took pity on the left overs of the corrupt SW conference. The No Fun League added games and stole TG from college football. Our regular season ending game got moved to Friday and our opponent would not be a years long rival but a rival wannabe Colorado.

We then got fed up with being in a Conference with Texa$$ and move to the B1G and now we play Iowa on Black Friday. What has happened? At the end of the 1997 season Nebraska was undeniably the dominate college football program of the last quarter centaury, if not the team of the 20ieth Century. We now play Iowa on Friday. Iowa hasn't won a National Championship in.56 years, and since then they have been basically a walk over for who ever they were playing. If they weren't in the B1G a lot of teams would be scheduling them in the first three or four games of the season. Now we play them in what is our spotlight game of the season and worse yet last year they beat us. The road from the top of the hill is all down hill unfortunately we have done a great job of greasing the slide down.

T_O_B

• Fire 1

It's taken me awhile but, we aren't a very good team and we're in a pretty bad conference. Really, considering what Nebraska has done under Pelini, playing Iowa as our marquee match up of the year is probably slightly better than we deserve. Did I mention we aren't very good and nobody cares about us.

It's taken me awhile but, we aren't a very good team and we're in a pretty bad conference. Really, considering what Nebraska has done under Pelini, playing Iowa as our marquee match up of the year is probably slightly better than we deserve. Did I mention we aren't very good and nobody cares about us.

JJ, have a Snickers man

• Fire 1

Yea, it's a serious downgrade from the Colorado Buffaloes..........

• Fire 1

I probably do need a Snickers but, if we weren't fans of the Huskers, we wouldn't give them a second thought in the world of college football. Repeatedly having your ass handed to you on the national stage by teams that aren't even highly respected, takes it's toll. You can joke about the CU Buffs but really, why should anyone think more highly of us? To be honest, I wouldn't want to play CU right now. This is what happens when a team does nothing of importance for over ten years. Heck, more like 17 years. It sucks knowing lowly Iowa is probably going to mud hole us day after tomorrow. I need a lot more than a Snickers.

It won't be like this forever. Something has got to give. We are overdue for a run. We call ourselves entitled...maybe we are. Some might think we used up our karma in the 90's. I say what this program gave to college football over its storied history...I'd say college football owes us a lot more yet. I for one am ready to cash in anytime now.

Almost 50 years ago I sat down and watched Nebraska play Oklahoma in what would become a legendary game. I had no real allegiance to a college team at the start of that game, at the end I was rock solid RED for the rest of my life. The only game of significance on TG was the Husker/Sooner game. Then came the beginning of the end. The Big 8 took pity on the left overs of the corrupt SW conference. The No Fun League added games and stole TG from college football. Our regular season ending game got moved to Friday and our opponent would not be a years long rival but a rival wannabe Colorado.

We then got fed up with being in a Conference with Texa$$ and move to the B1G and now we play Iowa on Black Friday. What has happened? At the end of the 1997 season Nebraska was undeniably the dominate college football program of the last quarter centaury, if not the team of the 20ieth Century. We now play Iowa on Friday. Iowa hasn't won a National Championship in.56 years, and since then they have been basically a walk over for who ever they were playing. If they weren't in the B1G a lot of teams would be scheduling them in the first three or four games of the season. Now we play them in what is our spotlight game of the season and worse yet last year they beat us. The road from the top of the hill is all down hill unfortunately we have done a great job of greasing the slide down.

T_O_B

I was a pretty good high school running back and strong safety, but never watched football on TV. Then my brother, a grade ahead of me, went to Nebraska. I was down goose hunting in southern Illinois the day that game was played, and it was unbelievable. Like you TO I've been a fan ever since, and am more than discussed with the delay in getting rid of Bo.

Yea, it's a serious downgrade from the Colorado Buffaloes..........

At least expectations haven't been lowered.....