Dirk Chatelain talks potential coaches, Huskerboard goes slightly insane.

NUpolo8

So! Its common fun around here to do few things.

-demand that someone in the anti Pelini camp name potential replacements, then disparage said would-be replacements

-say big market media writers are "just trolling for clicks" as if it's some crime that they promote their vehicle in which they are paid to write for.

We are lucky to live in times interesting enough where a journalist does both in one article!

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/chatelain/mad-chatter-bo-pelini-s-potential-successors-tim-miles-tall/article_a63b940a-75a1-11e4-bb2e-73f8851cc997.html?mode=jqm

Read it, pour over the potential names. (Some of which have been bandied about here! Your Moglia's, your Shaws, your.....,(squeal!) your Tressel's.

There are also some duds, but facts remain, this is the interesting NU talk now. So we should do it here.

• Fire 4

-demand that someone in the anti Pelini camp name potential replacements, then disparage said would-be replacements

-say big market media writers are "just trolling for clicks" as if it's some crime that they promote their vehicle in which they are paid to write for.

We are lucky to live in times interesting enough where a journalist does both in one article!

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/chatelain/mad-chatter-bo-pelini-s-potential-successors-tim-miles-tall/article_a63b940a-75a1-11e4-bb2e-73f8851cc997.html?mode=jqm

Read it, pour over the potential names. (Some of which have been bandied about here! Your Moglia's, your Shaws, your.....,(squeal!) your Tressel's.

There are also some duds, but facts remain, this is the interesting NU talk now. So we should do it here.

Polo...you got a full time job? I'd throw your hat into the future coaching discussion as well. I mean hell, I remember a time when the basketball team managers (college students) were asked to scrimmage at practice. Anybody can contribute.

We are lucky to live in times interesting enough where a journalist does both in one article!http://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/chatelain/mad-chatter-bo-pelini-s-potential-successors-tim-miles-tall/article_a63b940a-75a1-11e4-bb2e-73f8851cc997.html?mode=jqm

Polo...you got a full time job? I'd throw your hat into the future coaching discussion as well. I mean hell, I remember a time when the basketball team managers (college students) were asked to scrimmage at practice. Anybody can contribute.

Do you have a full time job? The next time you complain about service at a resturant you go to, I suggest you immediately quit it to take over since you can only practice the field in which you criticize.

Read the article and discuss it, please.

• Fire 4

We are lucky to live in times interesting enough where a journalist does both in one article!http://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/chatelain/mad-chatter-bo-pelini-s-potential-successors-tim-miles-tall/article_a63b940a-75a1-11e4-bb2e-73f8851cc997.html?mode=jqm

Do you have a full time job? The next time you complain about service at a resturant you go to, I suggest you immediately quit it to take over since you can only practice the field in which you criticize.

Edit: Never mind.

• Fire 1

Edit: Never mind.

Now see? I'm all gun shy and stuff. Let's be friends!

25 names and nearly everyone has been mentioned already on HuskerBoard. Nothing much new to see here.

Shaw and Patterson...these guys are going to have success with our schedule. I think both could consistently win the West and reach the BIG CCG. If not these guys which I think are very safe hires, then go with McElwain. He looks like he is going to be the next coach that has it.

Richt is a name that doesn't get talked about too much here but Dirk has on his list. It's an intriguing thought. It would be interesting to see if he would be able to bring his coordinators or find similar. I like what they do on both sides of the ball for the most part. Also, with is ties to SEC country, could be good for recruiting.

Richt is a name that doesn't get talked about too much here but Dirk has on his list. It's an intriguing thought. It would be interesting to see if he would be able to bring his coordinators or find similar. I like what they do on both sides of the ball for the most part. Also, with is ties to SEC country, could be good for recruiting.

Why would richt leave a place with better recruiting advantages and is happy with his 10 win seasons in a division that is worse than the big ten west. To go to a place that fires a 10 win coach. I doubt it.

Why would richt leave a place with better recruiting advantages and is happy with his 10 win seasons in a division that is worse than the big ten west. To go to a place that fires a 10 win coach. I doubt it.
If I had to guess, I would say it may be easier for him to achieve more than 9-10 wins in the Big Ten West. He may feel like if he can make it to and win the conference championship each season in the Big Ten that would be a ticket to the playoff each season. What coach wouldn't want the easiest road to a possible playoff spot? Doesn't get easier than the Big Ten West.

Also I believe Richts family is from Omaha and Richt is a Husker fan, according to the article.

If I had to guess, I would say it may be easier for him to achieve more than 9-10 wins in the Big Ten West. He may feel like if he can make it to and win the conference championship each season in the Big Ten that would be a ticket to the playoff each season. What coach wouldn't want the easiest road to a possible playoff spot? Doesn't get easier than the Big Ten West.

Also I believe Richts family is from Omaha and Richt is a Husker fan, according to the article.

Georgia won't let him go.