Regular Season is Over - Vote on Pelini's Fate

Landlord

212 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Absolutely not. The Iowa game changed nothing, and aside from the momentary elation of winning a game in overtime, what else about that game gave you any positive indications about our prospects next season?

We're about on par with Iowa under Pelini. Thanks to electric players like DPE, we are able to overcome typical Pelini team mistakes and eek out a victory. I want a team that just goes out and wins the games they should, and stays competitive against equal or better talent.

Not interested in seeing another year of this. As a program, we expect more. Clean house, reenergize the fanbase, and move forward.

Absolutely not. The Iowa game changed nothing, and aside from the momentary elation of winning a game in overtime, what else about that game gave you any positive indications about our prospects next season?

We're about on par with Iowa under Pelini. Thanks to electric players like DPE, we are able to overcome typical Pelini team mistakes and eek out a victory. I want a team that just goes out and wins the games they should, and stays competitive against equal or better talent.

Not interested in seeing another year of this. As a program, we expect more. Clean house, reenergize the fanbase, and move forward.

Agree 100 percent. Next year's apathy will be at an all time high if he sticks around.

Agree 100 percent. Next year's apathy will be at an all time high if he sticks around.

If there are marquee hires on the offensive side of the ball, I highly doubt you're right.

Put a good offensive system out on the field and we win this game by 3 or 4 scores, as well as Minnesota, and we likely win vs Michigan State as well. Wisconsin would have been a whole different story as well. Our offense kills us.

A coaching change would instantly fix that apathy (short-term, results-dependent, of course), and I'd add that with the talent we have coming back, with proper coaching we're right in the thick of the conference race. If this staff is retained as is, we're just screwing ourselves out of however much it takes to pay them for another year (plus extensions).

9-3 and 2 plays from 11-1 and u graduate like 11 seniors. Bring him back.

I know how everyone else feels. Almost make me stop coming to huskerboard, but I have been here for 6 or 7 years so it is part of my daily routine. This is my opinion backed by simple facts and my feelings. I can see how others could disagree. But remember, these are opinions with no "right" answer.

No because I think we can put a better product than this on the field given a better coaching staff. These 'last minute wins' are exciting to watch but why are we even in this position in the first place. However, will he be fired? I saw this interesting tidbit on the OWH Big Red Extra section:

"With this win, Pelini has 66 wins in his first 7 seasons passing T.O. for most wins by a Husker Head Coach in his first 7 seasons."

I think the above,

plus again winning 9 games

>plus the fact that it's going to take what, 7 million dollars to buy him out? and if we win big in our bowl game? I don't know.

I sure would like to see a change, though because of all of Bo's issues, his yelling at those kids repeatedly, not just getting in their faces once for a bad play but continuing to berate them after the play is over. That really bugs me. Those boys need to be TAUGHT as well as coached. A good coach is a teacher first. I guess that's why Osborne was so effective. He was a teacher first and a coach second.

Anyway, No-We need a change but unfortunately, I don't think it's going to happen but we'll see!