Whose Nine Is It Anyway?

In the last seven years (2008-2014), three programs have won 9 or more games every season. Those programs are:

Alabama

Record: 82-10 (.891)
Three National Titles
Two SEC Titles (Can earn spot in 2014 SECCG tomorrow)
Five BCS Bowl Appearances (3-2)
Top 25 Record: 29-10 (.744)
Most Wins in a season: 14
Most Losses in a season: 3
Lowest AP/Coaches Finish: 10th/11th

Oregon

Record: 77-13 (.856)
Three Pac-12 Titles (Will play for a fourth this season)
Four BCS Bowl Apperances (2-2)
BCS NCG Appearance
Top 25 Record: 19-8 (.704)
Most Wins in a season: 12
Most Losses in a season: 3
Lowest AP/Coach Finish: 11/11

Nebraska
Record: 67-27 (.713)
No Conference Titles
No BCS Bowl Appearances
Top 25 Record: 9-16 (.360)
Most Wins in a season: 10
Most Losses in a season: 4
Lowest AP/Coach Finish: UR/UR

Of those three, neither Alabama or Oregon have finished the past seven seasons with just 9 wins. Oregon finished with 10 wins three times, Alabama once, Nebraska three times.

• Fire 6

And have either Oregon or Alabama given the schools worst losses, most yards, most points in that same time frame. That is where Nebraska really stand out!

In addition to the absence of championships, big bowl games or signature victories, Nebraska really stands out to me here:

Alabama

Top 25 Record: 29-10 (.744)

Oregon

Top 25 Record: 19-8 (.704)

Nebraska

Top 25 Record: 9-16 (.360)

Margin of Loss differences...

Alabama - 8 points difference when losing on average

Oregon - 10 points difference when losing on average

Nebraska - 15 points difference when losing on average (Thanks 2009 and 10)

----------------------------------------------------

Times beaten by 14+

Oregon - 2 (34, and 26)

Bama - 3 (14, 14, and 14)

Neb - 12 (35, 34, 21, 31, 28, 17, 25, 39, 14, 20, 21, and 35) also, 9 of those 12 have been in the B1G era

----------------------------------------------------

Just food for thought.

• Fire 1

My little common sense looks at the number of games LOST.

Nebraska 27, Bama 10, Oregon 13. Would take another 7 years for Bama and Oregon to match the Husker total.

9 wins is the wrong number to look at.

Then I look at the scores of those games that the Huskers lost and it really makes the 9 win benchmark seem irrelevant.

Nebraska 27, Bama 10, Oregon 13. Would take another 7 years for Bama and Oregon to match the Husker total.

Then I look at the scores of those games that the Huskers lost and it really makes the 9 win benchmark seem irrelevant.

U are also comparing us to the top 2 teams of the last decade. Nobody is saying we are the third best team in the country, but we are more consistent than the rest of the teams in the country. If u have ever listened to Dr tom speak u would know that u can achieve instant glory the wrong way or If u truly want to accomplish true success it is a long hard road with no shortcuts.

U are also comparing us to the top 2 teams of the last decade. Nobody is saying we are the third best team in the country, but we are more consistent than the rest of the teams in the country. If u have ever listened to Dr tom speak u would know that u can achieve instant glory the wrong way or If u truly want to accomplish true success it is a long hard road with no shortcuts.

I personally love the consistency of our program's 70-31, 63-38, 48-17, 59-24, 52-17, and 62-28 type of games. Nobody else in the country can claim those.

• Fire 1

No, he's not. The media is and every other Bo defender that uses the #9win benchmark as why Bo succeeds. Which puts NU in the company of UO and Bama...

Basically this thread is doing the opposite...in explaining why NU doesn't belong in that conversation.

---------------

In the second part bolded. What is the timeframe you are talking about? In Bo's era? 12 Power 5 schools are more consistent than Nebraska and have better winning pct since 2008

http://www.teamrankings.com/ncf/trends/win_trends/

• Fire 1

If true success is a long, hard road with no shortcuts, we appear to have gotten lost and double backed on ourselves.

• Fire 1