***Official Head Coaching Search Discussion***

iamanewby

Sources have told me he isn’t taking calls from coaches trying to get themselves involved.

No committee, making decision all on his own, and not taking calls from interested coaches.

This better be a slam dunk hire, SE.

+1

but also wonder how many of these coaches are just trying to get raises and extensions

get linked to a job... get a raise

Bovada 5/4 scott frost. That says it all. Better just start thinking about DC

Interesting. I don't know how vegas/betting sites work, but can I assume that 5/4 means Vegas is very confident that Frost is our guy?

Vegas comes up with its initial thoughts on odds, then the line moves primarily on the action of betters. If Frost was 2/1, then moved to 5/4, that means a lot of people are putting their money on Frost, so Vegas lowers the payout for a Frost bet, enticing gamblers to put their money on someone else with a higher payout. Vegas takes about 9% of each bet, and it wants as many bets made as possible, spread out over as many results as possible.

So, answering your question, Vegas thinks Frost is the lead guy (worst payout initially[after Tressel came down]), and the public agrees (payout has gotten even worse).

• Fire 1

I've only met Eichorst once, but I fully back the media's assessment that SE is a measured and calculated person. He comes across as someone who thinks five steps ahead of present moment. It would not surprise me one bit that SE has done a complete evaluation of the football program, starting at the end of the Iowa game last year. And, along with that evaluation, he has concluded whom he thinks is the right person to take Nebraska to the next level, while also curing the dysfuction that has plagued the football program. Who knows which coach he picked, and if that pick will be successful, but there is no doubt in my mind that he has had his mind made up for quite some time. I know alot of us are still scarred from the Pedersen/Callahan hiring debacle. Give this guy a chance, and appreciate that he wants Nebraska to be great again. There is no Plan B to worry about, because Plan A is a done deal.

• Fire 9

Sources have told me he isn’t taking calls from coaches trying to get themselves involved.[/size]

No committee, making decision on his own, and not taking calls from interested coaches.

I think under different circumstances, there would be a committee, although even then searches don't usually take on all solicitors.

The way it's going about sounds not only like Nebraska is locked in, but that it was already basically a done deal at the time of the announcement.

The cool part is the pool of coaches we are interested in, is much smaller than the pool of coaches who would have interest in this job. If we should ever need to go the other route, we wouldn't be left stranded, but for now, we're in a much choosier position than that.

I got the feeling he has something up his sleeve, possibly someone no one is talking about. My wish list is short; Tressel or Shaw

After that they all worry me.

Mullen did it one year with a great college quarterback.

McElewain is too unproven

Frost- same

We have to have a home run hire, can screw this up again.

Sources have told me he isn’t taking calls from coaches trying to get themselves involved.[/size]

No committee, making decision on his own, and not taking calls from interested coaches.

I think under different circumstances, there would be a committee, although even then searches don't usually take on all solicitors.

The way it's going about sounds not only like Nebraska is locked in, but that it was already basically a done deal at the time of the announcement.

The cool part is the pool of coaches we are interested in, is much smaller than the pool of coaches who would have interest in this job. If we should ever need to go the other route, we wouldn't be left stranded, but for now, we're in a much choosier position than that.

THIS is what I'm hoping for. My worst fear is that we'll get played by the sure thing candidate SE thought was on board. Then we'll end up going through a series of failed overtures while Husker nation twists in the wind and we sh#t another recruiting class down the toilet. I hope against hope that Eichorst already has his guy, and it's just a matter of going through the formalities before an announcement. That would be the best possible outcome, and likely propel us to the next tier in college football.

I'm sure Frost will be a great hc someday. 2 questions. 1.Can "Oregon style" football work in the cold weather of the late season B1G football? 2.If Frost is hired, is it just me or does it have a feel that TO may have been a huge influence?

If Frost is here in any capacity, I don't see him fully implementing an Oregon style offense. I see him implementing a lot of the dynamics of that offense such as the tempo and how they run plays to set up other plays, but I think it will be more of a power feel. JMO

• Fire 1

I'm sure Frost will be a great hc someday. 2 questions. 1.Can "Oregon style" football work in the cold weather of the late season B1G football? 2.If Frost is hired, is it just me or does it have a feel that TO may have been a huge influence?

Assuming Frost will run the exact same offense that Oregon runs.