Last year was a magical year for the Nebrasketball team, but all summer long we were told Petteway would ditch after this year for the NBA, but he still needs to prove a few things.

From what i have heard, Walter Pitchford also has intentions of trying to leave for the NBA(possibly after this season).

I think most people assume TP is gone, but the WP angle might surprise some.

Both guys needed to work on a few things according to NBA scouts. Petteway needs to work on his deep shot and his ball handling skills.

Pitch needs to work with his back to the basket.

So now, fast forward to where we are now. TP brings the ball up. He shoots when he shouldnt(did this last year) TP is who he is. Good player but sometimes he is too shot happy.

My big concern is Pitch. The dude looks lost. He doesnt seem comfortable down low. His shot seems forced. His body language is awful.

Our best (college) player has been Shavon Shields. Shouldnt be a surprise that no one is really talking about SS being in the NBA right now.

Seems like Pitch and Petteway are playing with all this pressure to be in the NBA that they are trying to show off and be what they were last year, and more.

All the pressure of last year seems to be taking a toll on this team. Need to go back to what worked last year. Play team ball. Drive the basket and dont worry about the future after Nebraska.

I have not heard anything about Pitchford, but I have heard that there is a chance Petteway will be back. If he is a first round pick, he is gone. As far as Pitchford being lost, he is a 4 playing the 5. When Smith is back, it would be nice to see him back at the 4 with Abraham or Smith playing the 5. Our biggest issue right now is team basketball. Petteway and Shields both need to learn how to get the other players involved & rebound instead of running the floor.