Bret Bielema?!?!???!??!

knapplc

I couldn't see him leaving in just year 2 of the rebuild. Our players love him and he has our academics and off field character the best they have been in decades. Our fans are excited to see what he can build here after coming really close to 9 wins this year.

Now in 3 or 4 years? I could see him taking a job like this. Or his alma mater Iowa.

i am glad you guys and his players are happy with him. i think he is a good coach and a decent human being.

I don't get the win at all costs stuff. This isn't the type of guy I really want to be associated with. Bo just didn't win (or even compete in) the games he needed to, but I'm proud that he went about it the right way. I guess I would rather win 9 doing it the right way than win more with some Hugh Freeze-type sleeze.

Before anyone puts you down, I want you to know I agree with you. The Callahan years were bad because of the losing, but they were awful because of the carelessness he had for the program, players and history. Bo was his own man, but he cared about these kids. He did things his way, but they were understandable. What's Brolema's excuse? He's just an areshole for no reason.

• Fire 1

unlike Pelini, who actually cared about his players and wasn't the prick a lot of people in the media and fan base liked to think he was, Bielema is a c$%k-bite.

Of course o'l Harv hasn't learned a think because we're watching the second Callahan debacle - sound familiar? Harv hires new AD to fire coach with a winning record, has a coach all picked out (Nutt Arkansas) only to have Nutt make us look like a bunch of back-wood rubes. Nutt gets the money he wanted and we get a douche coach after 41 days of every coach out there turning us down.

Actually I hope Bielema does come here, the ginger and Harv will find out what a real ahole looks like

I beg you to show me where you know this is the "second Callahan debacle".

besides the obvious typo's I'm only pointing out the similarities to date, we'll have to see who the big name is, my guess it'll be a month or two after more than a few big names get raises from their current teams, again only a guess- BUT I WANT BIELEMA for the reasons I already stated

I've seen by now this Bielema talk has pretty much been eliminated but just going through some of the initial comments here I'm surprised at all the dislike for Bielema.

The guys has won 3 conference championships in the Big Ten. His win loss record at Arkansas is not brilliant but it's clear he is turning it around. His entire philosophy is built upon the big boys up front being the road graders and the foundation of his offense. I thought Nebraska fans knew the offensive line is where the game begins and ends.....maybe I over estimate Husker fans. Bielema's power scheme is everything I've wanted back at Nebraska. He spanked our ass the old fashioned Nebraska way multiple times. Yet here many of you sit wanting Frost, a two year OC who doesn't run a power run scheme at all, and you'd take him over a guy that has a proven record and does it using our own blueprint.

Y'all some strange and confused individuals is what I'm gathering over the last few days.

• Fire 6

I've seen by now this Bielema talk has pretty much been eliminated but just going through some of the initial comments here I'm surprised at all the dislike for Bielema.

The guys has won 3 conference championships in the Big Ten. His win loss record at Arkansas is not brilliant but it's clear he is turning it around. His entire philosophy is built upon the big boys up front being the road graders and the foundation of his offense. I thought Nebraska fans knew the offensive line is where the game begins and ends.....maybe I over estimate Husker fans. Bielema's power scheme is everything I've wanted back at Nebraska. He spanked our ass the old fashioned Nebraska way multiple times. Yet here many of you sit wanting Frost, a two year OC who doesn't run a power run scheme at all, and you'd take him over a guy that has a proven record and does it using our own blueprint.

Y'all some strange and confused individuals is what I'm gathering over the last few days.

I'd imagine coaches who beat a fan's team by 31 points in a conference championship are rarely popular in that particular fan's eyes.

Bielema was not a candidate. Either FootballScoop simply made a story up by himself, or the story was infact told to him by Bielema's people, and he went with it from there. Either way, it was never true.

Eichorst just fired a coach in part because of his horrendous attitude. Bielema left Wisconsin after Alvarez and his relationship deteriorated in large part because of Bielema's horrendous attitude. Alvarez and Eichorst are incredibly close, and there is no way that Alvarez would give any kind of glowing report about Bielema.

Eichorst would just be trading one headache for another. Eichorst may be shy about his words, but he's not an idiot.

• Fire 2

I'd imagine coaches who beat a fan's team by 31 points in a conference championship are rarely popular in that particular fan's eyes.

Well if people can't look past that and look at the bigger picture, then all I can say is I'm glad they don't make any big picture decisions involving this program.

Seems petty and stupid.

Him beating us, and using the Nebraska football blueprint way of doing so, should make you wish we had a coach similar. Unless there's no interest in returning to that physical, pipeline, Nebraska identity we once had. Then I guess I could see not wanting him as HC. But the outright dislike for the guy seems childish and dumb.

This is who I was hoping we would hire. I'm done with all the read-option BS. Just lineup, give me some blocking TEs and FBs and smack the defense around. That's what Bielema would give us. Oh well.

Bielema wasn't really on my radar til' his name came up today and I thought, there we go, bring back the pipeline and the power game. Use the TE's in the passing game. Run it right at them. This guy would do that and he's had success in our very own Conference doing it that way. Great success really.

Then I come here and people don't like him cause he's got bigger boobs than their wives have, or something....jealousy is an ugly thing.

Bye bye zone-read, I wouldn't miss it at all. RB lined up ten yards behind the line of scrimmage.......dumbest damn thing I've ever seen.

I quit. Screw this. Talk about an ultimate F you to the fans if this happens. How the hell are we supposed to be excited about this? The whole point of getting rid of Bo was to escape mediocrity and pursue everyone's aspirations of becoming nationally relevant again. He sure as hell isn't doing that at Arkansas! If this is true, seriously, screw you, Eichorst.

70 - 31

I quit. Screw this. Talk about an ultimate F you to the fans if this happens. How the hell are we supposed to be excited about this? The whole point of getting rid of Bo was to escape mediocrity and pursue everyone's aspirations of becoming nationally relevant again. He sure as hell isn't doing that at Arkansas! If this is true, seriously, screw you, Eichorst.

70 - 31

I guess I don't understand. Is the pro-Bielema consensus really just to beat Wisconsin as severely as they beat us in the PAST? First, we aren't going to do that. Second, have our standards really dropped so far that instead of seeking championships, we only want to beat Wisconsin?! I am stunned.