Hello, Mike Riley

knapplc

i was on the tressel/frost bandwagon as much as anybody so I about threw my work computer out of a second story window and would have been immediately fired when I heard about this mike riley guy being hired. But now that ive cooled down and after researching and figuring out who the f**k this guy is, I feel like this will work out just fine. The guy didnt do sh*t at oregon state, just like nobody else in the world will, but with nebraska's resources i think we will be just fine.

GBR!!!

He does hold 4 of the 10 winningest seasons at OSU. Not awesome, but that's pretty cool (especially since only 1 other of the top ten is even from the last 50 years).

It doesn't change things. What a travesty. Losing 4+ games every year for 14 seasons. Are you kidding me!! Why would he be any better at Nebraska, even with better circumstances. You still have to coach talent. It doesn't look like he coached Oregon St to win, maybe groomed them for the NFL. WTF!!!!!

• Plus1 1

MAYBE the University got him on the cheap and gave him a HUGE budget for assistants... maybe? Because if he is a good leader and can snag some very, very top quality coordinators, this could be a bigger splash than we think. I just see the blowouts on his record and think SE bought himself another Bo, but one who won't claw up the furniture. I'd like to think that there was some kind of plan here.

another gem..LMAO

this thread is quite entertaining tonight.

It doesn't change things. What a travesty. Losing 4+ games every year for 14 seasons. Are you kidding me!! Why would he be any better at Nebraska, even with better circumstances. You still have to coach talent. It doesn't look like he coached Oregon St to win, maybe groomed them for the NFL. WTF!!!!!

Great 1st post.

• Plus1 1

Yea becuase Oregon State has all the facilties, backing, and tradition that Nebraska does.

• Fire 1

Per @brandonlvogel, Mike Riley is 4-21 against Top 10 teams, 14-41 against Top 25. #Huskers

f'ing horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Considering how talented his teams were, it isn't horrible. I'm guessing his % against teams rated higher than his is better than Pelini's.

Not a huge fan of the hire but I will say I watched this guy knock of a USC team that was either #1 or 2 at the time a few years back and he beat #11 this year. That right there is better then Bo's track record against the top 10.

Im definitely mellowing after the initial huge disappointment. There is upside here for sure particularly with a good staff. Plus, not feeling like the coach hates me as a fan is nice.

I have read all the posts and now I'm seeing a change from "WTF" to "Oh well, lets give him a chance". Are you kidding me. Another long 7 years of mediocrity to look forward too. Sure, he may be a great ceo type coach with a lot of coaching experience, but his record is worse than Bo's. 4+ LOSES PER SEASON FOR 14 YEARS!! You would think a coach with a good winning record would be a big part of the coaching hire for an elite school like Nebraska, Hmm.

He'll be gone after the first year, so let's start the new coaching search now.

ill withhold judgment until I see the rest of his staff and how this unfolds...ill admit I was surprised and had to google to see who he was..but I am intrigued .if be brings in a kick ass staff and runs this like he's the CEO , this could be a brilliant hire...time will tell. maybe this is just the right guy who has the facilities and money to leverage himself ...and this team into something special. something that he has never had in Corvalis.