Hello, Mike Riley

knapplc

On 12/4/2014 at 1:50 PM, Dr. Strangelove said:

Every time a coach is hired, people find good things to say. I'm sure Michigan thought the same with Brady Hoke, Tennessee with their upteen coaches, Notre Dame with their coaches, etc.

The reality is this guy has accomplished nothing. All you can say is he develops untalented football players into decent ones. He's never won anything of note. I feel comfortable saying that in 3-4 years he will be fired, along with our AD who hired him.

#nailedit

• Plus1 6

14 hours ago, neepster said:

Why oh why dredge this old post up?  Yes, many of us knew this was going to be a disaster, but at this point, what is the point of revisiting it?  The fool of an AD who did this to us is gone (although with way too much Nebraska money he did not earn).  Let's hope the new AD is smart enough to realize he has to get someone who has a track record of winning .700 or higher % of his games.

I dredged this post up without looking past the first page. I had no idea so many people predicted where we ended up with amazing accuracy. Interesting to me. When the next coach is hired we might want to join Kazlong on the golf course.

On 12/4/2014 at 0:55 PM, BigRedN said:

Sick to my stomach. I'd love to see Frost fail for 3-4 years then have a guy with this resume. And, he is already half dead.

It was tough to root for Bo these past few years. Husker fan since 1970 and this one leaves my teamless. Stick a fork in me ... I really think I'm done.

At a minimum I will go into hibernation until the force awakens.

Hmmm, someone just +1 this post today and thus I'm re-reading it.  Hey, I've actually rooted for MR this whole time ... so I guess I didn't go into hibernation.  But hey, perhaps the Force has awakened and we do have the Last Jedi coming out very soon.  Maybe that Jedi is Scott Frost, maybe not ... in any event ... I don't care who the Jedi is ... I just want him to be a Jedi Master and for him to understand the ways of the Force and have no knowledge of the dark side of the force (losing) unless it serves the greater good.  :-)

5 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

Hmmm, someone just +1 this post today and thus I'm re-reading it.  Hey, I've actually rooted for MR this whole time ... so I guess I didn't go into hibernation.  But hey, perhaps the Force has awakened and we do have the Last Jedi coming out very soon.  Maybe that Jedi is Scott Frost, maybe not ... in any event ... I don't care who the Jedi is ... I just want him to be a Jedi Master and for him to understand the ways of the Force and have no knowledge of the dark side of the force (losing) unless it serves the greater good.  :-)

giphy.gif

• Plus1 2
39 minutes ago, unlfan said:

When you accept $2.5M annual salary you also accept the responsibilities and criticisms that come with it. Mike Riley is pathetic and needs to get canned immediately for the sake of Cornhusker football. Hes doing nothing but establishing a toxic, losing culture that could haunt this program for decades.

After all, when you have to kill a man, it costs nothing to be polite.

I understand the criticisms part.  I'll never understand the pound of flesh crowd.  Will there be people in Lincoln throwing rotten fruit at Riley as he leaves town?

Edited by Xmas32
  • Plus1 1