So who the heck is Mike Riley and what has he ever done as a coach!?

Most Oregon State fans have wanted Riley fired for three years now. His offense is antiquated and predictable. His defense is lead by Mark Banker and cannot stop a running QB. In the past five years, they've lost to two FCS schools (Sacramento State and Eastern Washington.) I, as an Oregon State alum, am in utter shock that my Huskers hired this guy. Yes, he's a nice guy. He also doesn't allow cursing on the sidelines. He treats his players like 12 year olds and he gets the effort of a 12 year old. Terrible hire. Terrible.

This is a "anti-Pelini" hire all the way. He'll act like a professional and act as a unifier. If you were wondering if the players would like and want to play for the next coach, the answer is yes.

This would have been a "big" hire a few years back when he had Oregon State overachieving. Remember folks, this is Oregon State were talking about.

He's an underrated coach who has turned down USC and Alabama.

Whether or not he pans out here, I don't know, but I like the hire.

• Fire 2

This is amazingly awful.. IDC that he's a good guy.. He has a terrible track record as a CFB coach.. Hell at least Callahan had some success just prior to being hired.. I refuse to believe this was the best option for Nebraska.. Especially with "Resources not being a problem"..

• Fire 1

This is a "anti-Pelini" hire all the way. He'll act like a professional and act as a unifier. If you were wondering if the players would like and want to play for the next coach, the answer is yes.

This would have been a "big" hire a few years back when he had Oregon State overachieving. Remember folks, this is Oregon State were talking about.

He's an underrated coach who has turned down USC and Alabama.

Whether or not he pans out here, I don't know, but I like the hire.

I hate that argument. Its the same argument that nearly got Gill hired here, look how it turned out for Kansas. We needed a proven winner.......we got the exact polar opposite. All of this "he's a great guy" rah rah BS is code word for participation award winner. Clearly we havent hit rock bottom enough to understand college football changed with conference expansion. We are applying old rules and thinking to a new environment. That assuredly spells disaster.

• Fire 1