Mike Riley's Staff

So, maybe this has been discussed, but I'm not wading through to find out. At least I won't start a new thread....

It is starting to appear to me that maybe Riley isn't keeping anyone from Neb current staff... Why wouldn't he announce it and get them going on recruiting... I'd be surprised if he doesn't keep at least one, but why hasn't he announced it along with the others today if so...

In a few days a recruiting dead period begins, after which Riley will have about a month to put his staff together. They are focused on recruiting right now, as they should be. I'd think he'll ultimately offer one or two, but who knows.

^^^^^^ Once the dead period starts he will start focusing more on selecting the remaining coaches...... I like Riley a lot so far. He has experience and is obviously intelligent. He is a scrapper who has had to work with the cards he was dealt with at OSU. He knows that recruiting is priority number one at this moment and has selected 4 OSU assistants he has faith in. He picked what he deemed is the cream of the crop from his existing coaches. Hopefully loyalty is less of a factor than ability.....Brennan might be a hold out but things like that happen. I like that fact that most of the assistant positions have not been designated. That means he is a strategic planner. He might get more pieces to the coaching puzzle so why name names?

I really want to know what is going on right now, but realize that finding premium assistants takes time. I also agree that any of the previous staff he may want won't likely be announced until after the game. That is another smart move IMHO.

He's also not going to announce current staff retentions until after the bowl game. He won't put one or two assistants in that position while they have several weeks left to work alongside their colleagues who won't be retained.

Riley must be a freakishly busy man. He's been doing nothing but jetsetting the past several days -- well, today, he should be back in Lincoln for the officials. Hard to believe that just one week ago, the guy was being introduced as head coach. It's been non stop since then, and I believe it was also reported that he's been conducting interviews in the meantime for assistants.

I really don't know how he has enough hours in the day.

• Fire 1

He's also not going to announce current staff retentions until after the bowl game. He won't put one or two assistants in that position while they have several weeks left to work alongside their colleagues who won't be retained.

Riley must be a freakishly busy man. He's been doing nothing but jetsetting the past several days -- well, today, he should be back in Lincoln for the officials. Hard to believe that just one week ago, the guy was being introduced as head coach. It's been non stop since then, and I believe it was also reported that he's been conducting interviews in the meantime for assistants.

Quite refreshing to see a coach grind like this, huh?

Even more refreshing to see a group of coaches, and the individuals who work in the office, embrace the fan base and what they can offer. It's quite different than being thought of as a hindrance and an annoyance to the program you cheer for.

• Fire 5

I just have to say, I am liking Riley more and more. I'm starting to think the ginger might be a genius for getting this guy.

Everything that he has done since being announced as the head coach has been about as spot on as possible. From recruiting, to social media, to how he has handled announcing "assistants", he is working flawlessly right now.

I couldn't be more excited about the huskers moving forward.

And I will say this, I didn't really want bo to be fired, but I would not be NEARLY as excited about whats happening with the huskers if bo was still the coach right now.

• Fire 1

Even more refreshing to see a group of coaches, and the individuals who work in the office, embrace the fan base and what they can offer. It's quite different than being thought of as a hindrance and an annoyance to the program you cheer for.

Oh my GOD! HELL YES .

Preach on man. Glad to see someone embracing all of the brilliant differences between Riley and that last guy. Night and day, and it's so damn nice.

The great thing too, is that when you think about what Riley came from, walking into Nebraska had to be like Christmas morning for a kid. Not bashing Oregon St. here, but Nebraska is just a whole other level. You know Riley isn't letting people tell him how "disadvantaged" we are here. Hell, this guy has to be appreciating every bit of it and he's out telling everyone he can right now how wonderful a place this is. He sees this as his golden chance at a great program. I don't think this program and it's advantages has been embraced and respected enough for quite awhile.

• Fire 1

Dude is 61 and doing all this...... Seriously wondering what he puts in his coffee or if he has a clone.

Whats more refreshing is the social media news we get straight from him. It really seems like he genuinely wants too keep our fan base informed. These are obviously stark contrasts too the past couple years.

• Fire 1

I really love what we're seeing out of the recruiting effort right now. He and his small staff, of what he's named so far, are busting butt out there on the recruiting trail trying to get the work done. This couldn't have started any better for him. Save the recruiting class and bring in some others to make it better, key is getting them all to signing day now!

• Fire 1

They lost more than they won.

Good observations.......get over it already!

I refuse to judge any of these highers until they've had a season to prove themselves.

They asked the question and i posted my answer. You get over it. I am liking what im seeing with recruting and am trying to look at this positively but when they asked the question i gave them my honest answer. I dont like the fact they lost more then they won and the fashion in some of those losses. Those are my legitimate problems with the hire, no negativity or trolling. Those are my issues.

• Fire 1

They lost more than they won.

Good observations.......get over it already!

I refuse to judge any of these highers until they've had a season to prove themselves.

They asked the question and i posted my answer. You get over it. I am liking what im seeing with recruting and am trying to look at this positively but when they asked the question i gave them my honest answer. I dont like the fact they lost more then they won and the fashion in some of those losses. Those are my legitimate problems with the hire, no negativity or trolling. Those are my issues.

So many differences between Bo and Riley. Riley has scored some impressive upsets even this year, but win loss record has been subpar..... Bo has been a constant 9 win coach, but not many "big" wins during his tenure and has had some bad blowouts.... I really think Riley has had less to work with and perhaps this talent/program upgrade combined with a new coaching staff mix might at least move us to a level where we compete regularly for a big 10 championship. I'm hoping so. After all this is what we got so I'm focusing on the positives as much as possible.

This is what im focusing on as well. But like I said someone posed the question what i didnt like and that is why i didnt like the hire. Rileys losses concern me more than his wins. Some of his losses are perplexing. But im willing to wait and see what goes on in lincoln. Nothing could of ever been done about who was hired and who he hires, that is beyond us. All we can do is hope, because in the end that is all any of us can do.

Oh my GOD! HELL YES .

Preach on man. Glad to see someone embracing all of the brilliant differences between Riley and that last guy. Night and day, and it's so damn nice.

The great thing too, is that when you think about what Riley came from, walking into Nebraska had to be like Christmas morning for a kid. Not bashing Oregon St. here, but Nebraska is just a whole other level. You know Riley isn't letting people tell him how "disadvantaged" we are here. Hell, this guy has to be appreciating every bit of it and he's out telling everyone he can right now how wonderful a place this is. He sees this as his golden chance at a great program. I don't think this program and it's advantages has been embraced and respected enough for quite awhile.

This is part of the reason for hiring a head coach, he comes with some staff that already has had time to build chemistry so they can hit the ground running.

• Fire 1