Mike Riley's Staff

Welcome Mike Riley. Ready to see who his staff is. Here are what I've seen/my thoughts for now.

DC: Most expect him to bring his long time DC who has been a DC at College and NFL level, Mark Banker. But who knows. Ed Oregon would be ideal for me.

OC: Sources close to OSU who expect Banker to come with DO NOT expect him to bring John Garrett (brother of Jason Garrett).

RB: Has a very well respected coach Chris Brasfield who played at TCU and is a Texas native. Voted a top 50 recruiter by 247. I really see Ron Brown retiring and this could be his replacement.

OLINE: Haven't heard anything...his current guy seems so so. Wouldn't mind retaining Garrison.

WR: Current guy is a west coast guy through and through. Did coach the Biletnikoff WR Brandon Cooks last year. I liked Fisher, but don't know much here.

DB: Current guy has only been at OSU for 3 years. This gives me hope that we can retain Warren.

DLINE: Hawai'i guy that was voted one of the best PAC10 recruiters last year. Would love to keep Kaz.

LB: Current guy is former OSU great who was promoted from Grad Assistant to LB coach. I would bet he stays at OSU.

I think the only retention is going to be Warren. Garrison perhaps, but I'm not sure the OL has inspired that much confidence out of me.

Hate to say it, but I really hope Garrison is not retained. His OL simply was not progressing the way I had hoped. Hate to oust a former player, but we can certainly do better.

I thought I saw a reported that covers Nebraska say that Garrison has been hand cuffed by Barney Cotton? Not to say he deserves to be retained but maybe it's not all his fault.

Maybe...I guess Barney was still coaching part of the OL (the tackles, maybe?)...and Garrison's also supposed to be a pretty dang good recruiter. I think it might be good to retain him.

The guy we're going to miss is Kaz, which is a darn shame. Unless that situation changed?

I'd like to see new coaches on the staff for the most part, or at least guys who are willing to mesh with the new staff and direction of the program. Which sounds like Kaz's issue. Even if it was overblown, ANY of the old venom and attitude needs to be removed.

I think the only retention is going to be Warren. Garrison perhaps, but I'm not sure the OL has inspired that much confidence out of me.

Hate to say it, but I really hope Garrison is not retained. His OL simply was not progressing the way I had hoped. Hate to oust a former player, but we can certainly do better.

I thought I saw a reported that covers Nebraska say that Garrison has been hand cuffed by Barney Cotton? Not to say he deserves to be retained but maybe it's not all his fault.
I saw that too.