What recruiting ranking do you want/need to see this year?

This has nothing to do with who our head coach is or isn't, but I put VERY little credence into how many stars a recruit has, who ranked which team where, or whatever. About the only REAL thing it does is pass the time in the off season.

Texas had two 5 star running backs alternating this year. They would have gladly traded BOTH of them for either Cross or Newby, guaranteed. What happened? Abdullah outworked them both for the last five years while someone kept telling the Texas guys they WERE the best "cuz 5 stars!", rather than they COULD BE the best. They basically aren't much better now than they were as Seniors in high school.

Recruits are raw material. Granted raw material that runs a 4.3 is better than raw material that runs 4.8, and 6'5" 280 pounds is better OL line raw material than 5'8" and 220. But coaching and conditioning play a bigger factor in putting together superior personnel.

7 days a week, 365 days a year is what it takes. We see that and I could care less about this years number, as it will change rapidly.

We already have that top QB, Coach Riley wanted Stanton very badly. I think we have enough quality in the ranks and we will see it developed and guided, and treated fairly. No favorites, no dog houses.

I'm fine with anything better than 40 considering we just changed coaches.

After this year it needs to be top 25 again.

we are ranked 36th right now.....Oregon State is not ranked in the top 123 teams!

Oregon State is ranked #42 on Rivals. Mostly because they have 20 players on their list. Their average star rating is 2.7. Nebraska's is 3.38.

I think a bunch of recruits already decommitted and think more might. Riley's OSU classes were usually from #45-#55. What will happen is all a complete mystery to me with this hire....I'm guessing it won't be good. Even Mr. Riley was surprised by the offer and having no idea it was coming will have to completely switch gears. He was recruiting for OSU just a few days ago.