Recruit reactions to Mike

I am old as hell, and I have never heard, hunts geese with a rake. That is hilarious.

Every thing you hear about Coach Riley, is he is fair beyond the max. TA will get a shot, and a QB coach that can tell him if he has it or doesn't. He has skills, some guidance just may make him the better one. Have to wait and see.

• Fire 3

I am old as hell, and I have never heard, hunts geese with a rake. That is hilarious.

Every thing you hear about Coach Riley, is he is fair beyond the max. TA will get a shot, and a QB coach that can tell him if he has it or doesn't. He has skills, some guidance just may make him the better one. Have to wait and see.

TA has an arm, he just needs to work on accuracy and it all starts with working on the little things and being more consistent with his progression. Give the kid a shot to work with some real QB coaches and I'm pretty confident you doubters will be singing a different tune about TA.

• Fire 1

Any chance he brings his QB?

I wouldn't be upset with this at all. I live in the same town as Pensyl and my oldest son plays against him. I have seen him play the past two years. He is got a rocket of an arm, is smart and from what I can tell (my son and he follow each other on twitter) he's a good kid.

He did have somewhat of a down year this past season, but truth be told, his receivers were God awful.

So take it for what it's worth... (prolly not much) but anyways...

Suffice to say, it doesn't sound like player development is going to be an issue with Riley. I am really looking forward to see what he can do with our quarterbacks. Stanton just got a huge early Christmas present, but don't rule Armstrong out just yet. Maybe a good QB coach is all it is going to take.

Btw, I hadn't heard the "hunts geese with a rake" either--and I've been around awhile too. I'm filing that one along with Hedley's "chicken salad" for future reference. +1

Does Riley use/have a QB coach?

Garrett is listed for it but don't get it twisted. Riley is a QB guru. He makes chicken salad out of chicken sh#t on a pretty consistent basis

But we at Husker Nation ask for a coach on staff that says QB coach. We will settle for nothing less. Even if a guy on staff does coach the QBs we need it in print in our media guides.

How in the world do you expect Armstrong to get better if he doesn't have his HC yelling in his ear when he leaves the field telling him how horrible he is and how he just F'ed up? Come on.....

I'm looking forward to a HC who knows how to develop players and understands the psychology part of the job.

BTW....it's great news about the reactions from Morgan and Bussey.

Just take a look at what TCU did when they brought in a new OC and a QB coach. I know Boykin got thrown in suddenly his FR year because of an injury. He was a big arm, hard throwing gunslinger that scrambled a lot. He had the tools and potential, but really raw. Bounced positions his second season & played some qb again. I wasn't too impressed by him and didn't have any hopes as the named starting QB going into this season.

But they hired a new OC and a QB coach, and the team learned a new offense rather easily & quickly and it was impressive.

Not saying TA will or will not improve, but it is possible. Just food for thought. Sometimes a different coach / strategy / teaching / direction / support can go along way.

Oh, and the new OC had one year experience as an OC with Houston.

http://www.tcu360.com/football/2014/10/33110.airing-it-out-meacham-and-cumbie-revolutionize-tcus-offense