Wonder how much the DC will be paid? Some realistic options:

Dave Aranda (UW) - $480K

Geoff Collins (Miss St) - $291K

David Gibbs (UH) - $300K

Barry Odom (Mem) - $312K

Robb Smith (Ark) - $500K

If they can get Dave Aranda, you do it without thinking twice. They have the #2 total defense and they replaced the entire front 7 from last year.

• Fire 1

Dave Aranda (UW) - $480K

David Gibbs (UH) - $300K

Barry Odom (Mem) - $312K

Robb Smith (Ark) - $500K

If they can get Dave Aranda, you do it without thinking twice. They have the #2 total defense and they replaced the entire front 7 from last year.

I agree. Guy knows how to coach defense, and I would prefer the 3-4 in the Big 10.

Yes, he was at the Nebraska Football Clinic in the spring. I was at the clinic and very impressed with coach O. I knew about his recruitng skills before the clinic, but really learned a lot about him as a coach. I was able to visit with him for 5-10 min before he spoke and he was a down to earth guy. This would be a home run hire as an assistant and I hope Riley pursues his interest. Very excited to see how the staff comes together in the coming days. Go big red!

If Orgeron is 'definitely interested' in the Nebraska job like numerous sources are reporting, then I hope Riley is giving him serious consideration. He'd be a great, great hire.

Totally agree.

Idk about as DC, but he is a tremendous DL coach / recruiting coordinator. Both of which have proven to be crucial keys to winning in the B1G

If Orgeron is 'definitely interested' in the Nebraska job like numerous sources are reporting, then I hope Riley is giving him serious consideration. He'd be a great, great hire.

Totally agree.

Idk about as DC, but he is a tremendous DL coach / recruiting coordinator. Both of which have proven to be crucial keys to winning in the B1G

And we need a recruiting coordinator, like yesterday.

Why not hire Coach O as a DC? The guy has coached with some of the best defensive minds for years and was even a HC. He might have failed at the HC part but the positions he has coached have churned out very good players. I would take a chance with him at DC just to get him here to recruit.

Dave Aranda (UW) - $480K

David Gibbs (UH) - $300K

Barry Odom (Mem) - $312K

Robb Smith (Ark) - $500K

There is no reason we can't offer one million per year.