The Tangent Thread, Dec 2014 Edition

zoogs

• 2 weeks later...

look, there is no denying we shopped at Wal Mart.......we never did shop at Macey's......we aimed low and this is what we got......maybe it will turn out to be a bargain, at least it doesn't say made in China! Michigan and Ohio State will get better coaches and better recruits.....get used to being number 3 and needing to get lucky to beat these guys........we just didn't spend the cash to be the best......we just didn't.

How much money did we throw at Devaney (sp) to get him to come to NE from WY?

Is this a serious question?

Talk about a Wal Mart hire. Was Devaney know as a Macey hire? Ya I guess it is a serious question. I am just saying give the guy a chance.

Youre seriously comparing the money schools spent for coaches in 1965 to what schools spend on coaches in 2014?

look, there is no denying we shopped at Wal Mart.......we never did shop at Macey's......we aimed low and this is what we got......maybe it will turn out to be a bargain, at least it doesn't say made in China! Michigan and Ohio State will get better coaches and better recruits.....get used to being number 3 and needing to get lucky to beat these guys........we just didn't spend the cash to be the best......we just didn't.

Talk about a Wal Mart hire. Was Devaney know as a Macey hire? Ya I guess it is a serious question. I am just saying give the guy a chance.

Youre seriously comparing the money schools spent for coaches in 1965 to what schools spend on coaches in 2014?

What? You think top coaches were making more in 1965 than they are now?

Is this for real?

You're gonna start your 2015 being a troll?

Is this for real?

How am I trolling? You asked me a question, did you not?

Drunk already?

Is this for real?

Drunk already?

Is this for real?

Drunk already?

Okay, no idea what youre talking about. Have a good night. Try to slow down a little, its still early

Not sure what's so negative about my comments. Just pointing out that if this guy was really any good he wouldn't be at Uconn or Cincinnati. Seems to be a life long average coach.

Over the last few weeks, you have shown to have potential as a lifelong below average poster. You have added nothing to any discussion except that all the hires suck. It is clear you don't support anything. Please take it to the the Youngstown board Kaz.

• Fire 2

I'll take my opinion right here just like all of you do. Pretty sure most of you had opinions on the last coaching staff that didn't bring anything to the board. Sorry I'm not impressed with some of the hires Reilly has made. Pretty sure you can go to the Reggie Davis thread and see I haven't made one post on it.

Not sure what's so negative about my comments. Just pointing out that if this guy was really any good he wouldn't be at Uconn or Cincinnati. Seems to be a life long average coach.

Over the last few weeks, you have shown to have potential as a lifelong below average poster. You have added nothing to any discussion except that all the hires suck. It is clear you don't support anything. Please take it to the the Youngstown board Kaz.

Why is it ok for the sunshine pumpers to get excited over nothing (what some considered lackluster hires). But when someone isnt impressed, the sunshine pumpers jump all over him, calling him "not a fan", "go follow Bo", etc. I wanted Bo and his staff of HS coaches gone 3 years ago..... and i am very underwhelmed by the several of Riley's hires. This is no different than the Bo pumpers saying we had injuries, wait till next year, we dont have talent here yet, blah blah blah - and calling people names and degrading them because they didnt support Bo..... we know how that turned out.

Redder, they have an ignore function! Try using it next time instead of proving what most of us already thought about you.

Why is it ok for the sunshine pumpers to get excited over nothing (what some considered lackluster hires). But when someone isnt impressed, the sunshine pumpers jump all over him, calling him "not a fan", "go follow Bo", etc. I wanted Bo and his staff of HS coaches gone 3 years ago..... and i am very underwhelmed by the several of Riley's hires. This is no different than the Bo pumpers saying we had injuries, wait till next year, we dont have talent here yet, blah blah blah - and calling people names and degrading them because they didnt support Bo..... we know how that turned out.

Redder, they have an ignore function! Try using it next time instead of proving what most of us already thought about you.

It will be this way for awhile...if you were lucky enough to be on this site or any other Husker site the day the hiring was announced you would know that almost all the initial responses were as follows...

WTF

Who?

I think the Huskers Twitter got hacked

It is a joke guys

Within an hour all you saw was this:

I did some research and guys...this is a good hire

Wow, check out this video of OSU beating #1 USC in 2008

This guy has done more with less than Teachercd in bed

It is okay, it is just kind of how it goes...hopefully Riley is a HUGE success, hopefully the Huskers are amazing next year and for the next 10 years...hopefully the recruiting classes are all top 15 and better.