GT: Creighton at Nebraska - 6PM - BTN

8I93zMs.pngrCU2S3P.pngEG42u7n.png
December 7, 2014
6pm CT - BTN
Pinnacle Bank Arena - Lincoln, NE

Creighton Bluejays 6-2 (Last: 77-64 L vs Tulsa)
vs
Nebraska Cornhuskers 5-1 (Last: 70-65 W vs Florida State)

Head Coaches
Creighton Greg McDermott (393-235, 113-40 at Creighton)
Nebraska Tim Miles (322-252, 39-32 at Nebraska)

Injury Report
Creighton
No injuries to report

Nebraska
F - Leslee Smith - Knee - Out indefinitely

Scouting Creighton

The Bluejays are 6-2 on the season and wrapping up a two-game road trip, as Creighton lost at Tulsa on Wednesday evening. The Bluejays, who reached the third round of the NCAA Tournament, are replacing four starters, including Doug McDermott this season, but Creighton has an experienced roster with five seniors among their top eight players. Austin Chatman is in his third year as a starter at point guard and leads Creighton in assists (4.6 apg) and is second in scoring at 11.3 points per game. The Bluejays, who have eight players averaging at least five points per game, are led by sophomore Isaiah Zierden, who comes off the bench and averages 12.5 points per game while shooting 45 percent from 3-point range.

Greg McDermott is in his fifth year at CU after coaching at Iowa State, Northern Iowa, North Dakota State and Wayne State. McDermott and Miles have squared off several times before during their days at the Division II level and have met three times while leading Division I programs, a 67-54 Iowa State win over North Dakota State in 2006-07 and victories in the last two matchups between the two schools
  • Fire 3

Although it will be a nice touch if Coach Riley is introduced tonight at the Creighton game................given that ALL he has on his plate currently..................I'd just as soon he was out visiting with our verbal commits and hiring staff.

I'll be happy to have him welcomed at a future game after the "dead period" for recruiting occurs in a little more than a week.

• Fire 1