2014 College Football Playoff

Mavric

Well, I'm glad that's over. This regular season was pretty much ruined by this newfangled playoff thingy. Basically meaningless. Surprised anyone was even paying attention.

Anyway, on to the Playoff. Alabama and Oregon are locks. I can't imagine Florida State being left out although they continue to struggle while two teams behind them looked great and a third was very good.

I wonder if TCU/Baylor will cancel each other out and tOSU sneaks in. How do you reconcile TCU being ranked ahead for the last several weeks but Baylor being the Big XII Champion - regardless of the Big XII ridiculous attempt to buy their way into the playoff.

Of course, for those of us who've claimed eight teams is the right number, Alabama, Oregon, Florida State, Ohio State, Baylor, TCU, Michigan State and Mississippi State looks pretty good right now. Every Power 5 team with two or fewer losses and the two two-loss teams have three of their four losses to other playoff teams.

Of course, for those of us who've claimed eight teams is the right number, Alabama, Oregon, Florida State, Ohio State, Baylor, TCU, Michigan State and Mississippi State looks pretty good right now. Every Power 5 team with two or fewer losses and the two two-loss teams have three of their four losses to other playoff teams.

That would cover every major conference champ as well.

My Final Four:

1) Alabama

2) Oregon

3) Florida State

4) Ohio State

I have FSU at 3. They frickin' went unbeaten which has to be worth something. Two of their non-conference games were against Okie State and Florida, pretty good teams to play out of conference. Ohio State made their statement tonight to move into the Final Four. Let's see Saban vs. Meyer and Oregon vs. FSU. I feel bad for the Frog. They should have never jumped to number 3 so now falling out of Final Four will hurt. They actually could have scored more vs. Iowa State but stepped off the gas so not to rub it in. I am not a fan of 8...the teams that always just miss will always have a beef. Going forward, schedule decent to good non-conference games and each conference needs a championship game. I think Big 12 will be left out. Those big wins over OU are not worth much this year.

• Fire 1

My Final 4:

1) Alabama

2) Oregon

3) TCU

4) FSU

To me TCU should be in over Ohio St. and Baylor for two reasons. 1) TCU had a 21 point lead against Baylor in the 4th quarter, at Waco. I believe on a neutral field TCU doesn't blow that lead. I think they are the better team. 2) I know, Ohio St. whooped Wisconsin, but they have the ugliest loss. You can't just discredit that loss to Va Tech it's on their resume. Not only that it's a home loss by double digits.

FSU reminds me a lot of when Notre Dame went to the national championship. A lot of close wins against not so great competition. They also have no running game, they're ranked like 103rd in rushing offense. If they're the 4 seed, then Bama curb stomps them.

Oregon and Bama are easily at the top of the class this year.

Even more simple to have Power 5 conference champions (make the Big 12 play the extra game), plus 3 at large to argue about.

And for those who say the 9/8 discussion is on par with the 5/4, I'd suggest that, yes, they can be vocal about it, but it's a MUCH harder sell to believe the 8th seed has as good of a shot as a 4.

My Final Four:

1) Alabama

2) Oregon

3) Florida State

4) Ohio State

I have FSU at 3. They frickin' went unbeaten which has to be worth something. Two of their non-conference games were against Okie State and Florida, pretty good teams to play out of conference. Ohio State made their statement tonight to move into the Final Four. Let's see Saban vs. Meyer and Oregon vs. FSU. I feel bad for the Frog. They should have never jumped to number 3 so now falling out of Final Four will hurt. They actually could have scored more vs. Iowa State but stepped off the gas so not to rub it in. I am not a fan of 8...the teams that always just miss will always have a beef. Going forward, schedule decent to good non-conference games and each conference needs a championship game. I think Big 12 will be left out. Those big wins over OU are not worth much this year.

Perfect.