What did Pelini say to the team

bruzer1053

He told them he remembers researching who they were and what kind of young men they were. He remembers choosing them, recruiting them, sitting in many of their living rooms talking to their parents about life at Nebraska. He remembers telling them he'd take care of them, and he told them that's what he's tried to do.

He told them he didn't agree with the decision to fire him. He felt the program was in good shape, that he had been a good steward of his players, and that although he agrees there are things that need fixing, he thought and thinks that he's the man to do it. He said he didn't regret the choices he's made.

He told them he's enjoyed watching them grow as players and as young men. He told them he's proud of who they are, he's proud of what they've accomplished, how far they've come. He told them he will be watching them as they continue their careers, and that he's going to be their fan now, not their coach.

He told them some things didn't go right, and he took responsibility for it. He told them about life and consequences and choices and that things don't turn out the way you think they should, or that sometimes people don't see things the way you see things. He told them things change, and it's not always a change you wanted or felt was right.

He told them this is part of the business. That football is a big world and that nothing is set in stone. He told them coaching can be a rough business and it's not for the faint of heart. He told them that he would be OK, and his coaches would be OK, and that they were not to worry about them. He told them to focus on school, keep their heads up, and to work hard. He told them that's what he expected from them every day and that hasn't changed.

He told the Seniors it was their job to be role models for the team, to show them the work ethic he's always taught them to have. He told them he knew they would make him proud.

It was an emotional night, and not all of the emotions were sadness. He told them they were men of character that would get through that in time.

He said "heckuva" about 18 times.

This is significantly different than another summary I read.

Is this true?

Who do you think had to foot the bill to let them use the high school?

He told them he remembers researching who they were and what kind of young men they were. He remembers choosing them, recruiting them, sitting in many of their living rooms talking to their parents about life at Nebraska. He remembers telling them he'd take care of them, and he told them that's what he's tried to do.

He told them he didn't agree with the decision to fire him. He felt the program was in good shape, that he had been a good steward of his players, and that although he agrees there are things that need fixing, he thought and thinks that he's the man to do it. He said he didn't regret the choices he's made.

He told them he's enjoyed watching them grow as players and as young men. He told them he's proud of who they are, he's proud of what they've accomplished, how far they've come. He told them he will be watching them as they continue their careers, and that he's going to be their fan now, not their coach.

He told them some things didn't go right, and he took responsibility for it. He told them about life and consequences and choices and that things don't turn out the way you think they should, or that sometimes people don't see things the way you see things. He told them things change, and it's not always a change you wanted or felt was right.

He told them this is part of the business. That football is a big world and that nothing is set in stone. He told them coaching can be a rough business and it's not for the faint of heart. He told them that he would be OK, and his coaches would be OK, and that they were not to worry about them. He told them to focus on school, keep their heads up, and to work hard. He told them that's what he expected from them every day and that hasn't changed.

He told the Seniors it was their job to be role models for the team, to show them the work ethic he's always taught them to have. He told them he knew they would make him proud.

It was an emotional night, and not all of the emotions were sadness. He told them they were men of character that would get through that in time.

This is significantly different than another summary I read.

Is this true?

what'd you hear man? would love to hear

Knapplc,

Is that factual, or are you trying to calm the board. I hope it is fact, Bo grew while he was here, and truly hope that is the way he left. I am some what amazed he has not made a public statement to the fans that supported him through thick and thin.

Glad he left the players on a good note. It will help the new staff no question.

Even if is BS, I am going with your version. I really do not want to hear anything more about Bo. Time to move on.

Not precisely what I heard. I hope your version is the real deal

Heh, it's what you'd call "hazarding a guess" :D -- and you can replace Bo's name there with any other fired coach. I mean, what do we really expect Bo to have said?

The players' tweets don't make much sense if knap's version is correct. I'm not saying he didn't say some of that stuff, but none of that would make a player say "it all makes sense now".

Yeah, but we probably won't really know. No, I kind of agree with the people who think Bo tried to instill an anti-administration bent in the players as a parting legacy. But most of what he said was probably exactly the kind of stuff you'd expect someone so fiercely loyal to his players would say.

As for any attitude problems that linger from the previous staff, this happens with every staff transition and it's kind of Riley's problem now :D Time, attrition, and our new coach's able people skills will have to salve the wounds, if they are there.

• Fire 1

If you or I knew what Pelini said, what would we do with that information and how would it change our lives?

Better yet, is this the best use of our time on earth? We keep trying to figure out if Pelini said something naughty and if he did, how much less we should like them for it, or if we should like someone else less for what he said. After all, isn't that what sports is supposed to do...develop character?

Me, I'm going downstairs to work on a Christmas present for a nephew with my son. More of a priority right now...

• Fire 4