ladyhawke

Harbaugh to Michigan

StPaulHusker    4,518

This Michigan situation makes me happy that we hired a solid under the radar coach. If Michigan goes all in with Harbaugh and fails, it will take a long time to recover from it.

jaws    261

This Michigan situation makes me happy that we hired a solid under the radar coach. If Michigan goes all in with Harbaugh and fails, it will take a long time to recover from it.

Aren't they still trying to recover from the mess they made with Rich Rod?

StPaulHusker    4,518

That's kind of the point I am making. They made the "splash" hire and it failed in their minds. They thought they were on the right track after hiring Hoke when he was the next big coaching name and for one year they were good and then it failed in their minds.

If they go all in and don't get Harbaugh-They will be toast for a while

If they go all in and get Harbaugh and he can't do at Michigan what he did at Stanford-They will be toast for a while.

I am glad Husker fans aren't dealing with this.

tschu    1,594

From what little connection I have, Harbaugh is fairly likely and Mullen is a backup choice. They'll have to fight and persuade to get either of them. Miles is a "no" currently.

That's kind of the point I am making. They made the "splash" hire and it failed in their minds. They thought they were on the right track after hiring Hoke when he was the next big coaching name and for one year they were good and then it failed in their minds.

If they go all in and don't get Harbaugh-They will be toast for a while

If they go all in and get Harbaugh and he can't do at Michigan what he did at Stanford-They will be toast for a while.

I am glad Husker fans aren't dealing with this.

Rich rod was a last second back up, no matter how good of a coach he is (and i believe he is truly a great coach). We were all in on Les Miles in 07 and Lloyd Carr and our AD at the time f'd it up.

WoodyHayes1951    275

I don't see it.

Why would 48 mil be out there if not to please Harbaugh AND the University about mutually moving on from negotiations?

Why would Harbaugh's camp leak it? To give him leverage over the NFL for a bigger contract.

Why would the University leak it? To show their fans they tried to do everything for their primary option and failed. A noble endeavor, but now they have to go with their number two.

Coqui    154

I know Michigan is the only one courting him currently. NFL teams aren't allowed to contact until after the regular season.

Husker John    181

Harbaugh_2.jpeg

Michigan fans, I hope you get Harbaugh.....today, ESPN's Colin Cowterd was mocking Michigan fans in their hopes of getting Harbaugh back (He believes the Oakland Faders will land him)......HOPE THE COWTERD IS PROVED WRONG :espnsucks:

Cowherd has a serious jones against anything midwest.

Cowherd gets a boner just talking about weather/location disadvantages, he relates it to everything.

What is it with people and cold weather? Growing up I simply do not remember people being so hysterical about it. Maybe I just didn't notice it but people today seem to think any location that's not 75 and sunny 360 days a year might as well be radioactive.

WoodyHayes1951    275

Too bad for cowherd that the most popular league in the country runs off of cold weather cities.

And The B1G will always have more people that care than the ACC or Pac12. Pound for pound we have bigger and better schools with only one private school located in the 3rd largest city in the country.

sd'sker    3,251

Cowherd gets a boner just talking about weather/location disadvantages, he relates it to everything.

he also gets pretty hard when discussing tax advantages. which, he fails to acknowledge california is a terrible place to live for taxes.

Count 'Bility    4,782

he also gets pretty hard when discussing tax advantages. which, he fails to acknowledge california is a terrible place to live for taxes.

yeah, that too.

The guys make millions upon umpteen millions. yeah, tax rates would be first on my mind too.......... :rolleyes:

Michiganball    164

Harbaugh's family wants him to take the UM job, but the real glory is in the NFL so he's ego is likely thinking other pro teams. Still, used to love watching him play as a kid, wouldn't mind him in the Big house again.

AR Husker Fan    1,084

With that offer, I'd be surprised if any pro team would be willing to come close to matching. But perhaps one will offer something with smaller (but substantial bucks) and enough perks to interest him.

BigRedBuster    7,292

Harbaugh's family wants him to take the UM job, but the real glory is in the NFL so he's ego is likely thinking other pro teams. Still, used to love watching him play as a kid, wouldn't mind him in the Big house again.

I wouldn't say the real glory is in the NFL.

Hedley Lamarr    2,055

My feeling is that he takes the Michigan job...

He will pull in great classes and a lot of wins.

I expect a quick turnaround and then an epic crash and burn

HuskerJax    176

Living in michigan I can tell you, if he does not go to Ann Arbor michigan fans are going to be suicidal. They are absolutely convinced he is coming. I'm not so sure....

AR Husker Fan    1,084

My feeling is that he takes the Michigan job...

He will pull in great classes and a lot of wins.

I expect a quick turnaround and then an epic crash and burn

My feeling also. There is no doubt he can turn a program around. There is no doubt he can recruit and install a system. But there seems to be a disturbing trend with him where he wears out his welcome relatively quickly. There are reports that some at Stanford were happy to see him go. I'm thinking it has to be a control issue, but regardless...

Mavric    9,128

@BrockESPN: Big Ten needs Jim Harbaugh & Harbaugh needs to get back to his roots. Dantonio, Harbaugh, Meyer, Franklin would shakeup the CFB hype machine

Left someone out?

Coqui    154

Still have to assume he's going to wait to hear offers from NFL teams. Still have at least through Sunday (if not Monday, not fully sure about the rules)

Mavric    9,128

Per Twitter:

I just got off the phone with more sources tonight. It's done. Jim Harbaugh is coming to Michigan - and his friends are flying in Monday.

It'sNotAFakeID    1,839

Yup, apparently Michigan was already getting mail addressed to Head Coach Jim Harbaugh.

It's good for the Big Ten. We'll see how long it takes him to wear out his welcome in Ann Arbor.

Coqui    154

Michigan has ran off 3 good coaches in 8 years. Wonder how long it takes for the 4th.

Carr retired. Hoke wasn't a good coach.

Count 'Bility    4,782

Michigan has ran off 3 good coaches in 8 years. Wonder how long it takes for the 4th.

Carr retired. Hoke wasn't a good coach.

carr retired because he was forced to. You could bet on it. Abd hoke made two irelevant mid majors into pretty good teams. He was a good coach. So is rich rod obviously. Rich rod was successful everywhere before and since. Id bet hoke is as well at his next stop. Its why i say its a michigan problem. The same problem we at nebraska may also be having.

nic    36

So, will Harbaugh ever set foot in Memorial Stadium?

Sigh....I wish UofM and NU played more frequently. When is the next game....2017?

Count 'Bility    4,782

2018?

No. Not a chance. The espn insider Clayton fella already said 2-3 years max before hes back in the NFL.

It'sNotAFakeID    1,839

2018?

No. Not a chance. The espn insider Clayton fella already said 2-3 years max before hes back in the NFL.

Michigan won't venture back to the friendly confines of Memorial Stadium until after 2019. Between now and then, the Huskers and the Wolverines will face each other at least one time, 2018 in Ann Arbor.

Count 'Bility    4,782

Holy cow bye bye. I didnt even know that i just knew that 2018 was thenext matchup.

Does Nebraska ever even face a Harbaugh led Michigan? Im gonna say probablynot.