Harbaugh to Michigan

ladyhawke

So, will Harbaugh ever set foot in Memorial Stadium?

2018?

No. Not a chance. The espn insider Clayton fella already said 2-3 years max before hes back in the NFL.

Michigan won't venture back to the friendly confines of Memorial Stadium until after 2019. Between now and then, the Huskers and the Wolverines will face each other at least one time, 2018 in Ann Arbor.

So, will Harbaugh ever set foot in Memorial Stadium?

2018?

No. Not a chance. The espn insider Clayton fella already said 2-3 years max before hes back in the NFL.

Michigan won't venture back to the friendly confines of Memorial Stadium until after 2019. Between now and then, the Huskers and the Wolverines will face each other at least one time, 2018 in Ann Arbor.

Maybe wishful thinking....

Harbaugh Seeks Permanent Home In Ann Arbor
6 hours ago

One of the common arguments made by detractors of the hiring of Jim Harbaugh to Michigan is that he'll bide his time in Ann Arbor until he finds a better NFL job. During his first press conference as Wolverines head coach, he did what he could to put those ideas to rest.

""I'm at that point, where even though you've done well and built some pretty nice homes, you have to do it again. You have to prove it again," Harbaugh said. "And I'd really like to live in one permanently. That's what I'm very hopeful for here."

Harbaugh also discussed what brought him home after tons of speculation that included potential NFL stops at Oakland, Chicago and New York among others.

"I can honestly say it's gone through my mind since I was a youngster of nine or 10 years old. I went and sat behind Bo's desk and had my feet up on his desk, and he walked in and said, 'How you doing, Jimmy?' I said, 'Doing good, Bo. How are you doing?' He said, 'Whatcha doin'?' I said, 'Sittin' at your desk, Coach, seeing what it's like to be you.' Only I didn't actually say that last part. But I always thought about coaching here like my dad.

I dreamed about being the coach at Michigan, and now it's time to live that dream. It's a dream I've had since I was little. I didn't really take a pros-and-cons approach. I just went with my heart. I never had a list. I kept coming back to coming back here."

Now, Harbaugh has the opportunity to lead his alma mater to the promised land, somewhere the Wolverines haven't been since Lloyd Carr led the 1997 team to its first national championship since 1948. Harbaugh took a conference call with his new players this morning, and the immediate expectation is excellence.

"We'll see them after they get back from break," Harbaugh said. "The expectations will be high the first day. The first practice."

People said the same thing about Urban Meyer when he took OSU job. "He will be gone in a few years back to SEC" "He will have health problems and leave" etc. Whats this upcoming year gonna be? Fourth year at OSU and not one mention of him leaving.

I hear Saban will never stay at Bama. Some people can't stand a good coach landing in a logical spot and staying for a while.

• 2 weeks later...

Michigan has ran off 3 good coaches in 8 years. Wonder how long it takes for the 4th.

Carr retired. Hoke wasn't a good coach.

carr retired because he was forced to. You could bet on it. Abd hoke made two irelevant mid majors into pretty good teams. He was a good coach. So is rich rod obviously. Rich rod was successful everywhere before and since. Id bet hoke is as well at his next stop. Its why i say its a michigan problem. The same problem we at nebraska may also be having.

Rich Rod failed at Michigan the same reason Calladummy failed here. He tried to run a system with a team built for another one. Michigan fans like Husker fans did not want to see a different offense there.

Michigan is putting together a nice Staff.

I haven't been following closely, who have they landed?

So far....

DC/LB Durkin (Florida DC)

OC/OL Drevno (USC OL/RB)

DL Mattison (DC under Hoke)

DB Greg Jackson (49ers DB)

RB Ty Wheatley (Bills RB)

WR Jed Fisch (Jaguars OC)

ST John Baxter (USC ST)

S&C Kevin Tobert (49ers S&C)