Harbaugh to Michigan

ladyhawke

Well... Harbaugh is already starting to rub people the wrong way.

His latest incidents...

Blowing up B1G officials and receiving a hefty fine.

Skipping the conference call for Orange Bowl.

(Yes, I'm assuming he did that out of jest for not making the playoffs, and I reserve the right to recant that statement if it comes out that he missed it for legitimate reasons)

Yea he called out those officials, they made some crucial "mistakes", 3 of them were even born in Ohio, no bias there, no doubt.

Really it's good to see someone have the balls to call out the bad ref's, I dont care who it is, the lack of accountability for the most part mocks and taints the integrity of the game.

Yea he called out those officials, they made some crucial "mistakes", 3 of them were even born in Ohio, no bias there, no doubt.

Really it's good to see someone have the balls to call out the bad ref's, I dont care who it is, the lack of accountability for the most part mocks and taints the integrity of the game.

The spot was perfect. 'Not a mistake. Get at me.

Charles Woodson, Desmond Howard, Bo Schembechler, Jim Harbaugh, and may other great Michigan players and coaches were born in Ohio? I don't think anyone on that list would be considered Ohio State fans.

Charles Woodson, Desmond Howard, Bo Schembechler, Jim Harbaugh, and may other great Michigan players and coaches were born in Ohio? I don't think anyone on that list would be considered Ohio State fans.

Nah these guys.....

"Kevin Schwarzel, the back judge, is an Ohio guy. Born in the state. Has businesses in Athens, Ohio. In this story from 2006, he admits being an Ohio State fan. And even more jaw-dropping: He was not permitted to officiate the 2006 Michigan/Ohio State game. It’s unclear why he was permitted to be part of this game."

"Bobby Sagers, the side judge, is also an Ohio native, and recently was named to the Ohio High School Athletic Association Officials Hall of Fame … which is located in Columbus."

"The lead official was Daniel Capron. Back in 2002, he was fired by the Big 10 for poor officiating of a Purdue/Wake Forest game. This is what Big Ten commish Jim Delany said at the time: “During the course of the game, these officials did not officiate well enough to meet Big Ten standards. Therefore, they will forfeit future officiating assignments.” It’s unclear when or how Capron was reinstated."

Hell of a group there. I have never had much of a problem with penalties in a game, However this game ended up a sham.

There were multiple blatant calls from interference to sportsman like 15 yarders not called, never mind the blatantly poor ball placements.

It is what it is though and Ohio is going to get smoked by Gumps worse then UM would have been. Unless this crew shows up to bail them out, that is.

• Fire 1

Michiganball, you need to avoid taking the bait. I am a Michigan fan, and I think fumbling a Center to QB exchange on the 1/2 yard line and throwing two picks in the shadow of your own end zone pretty much did it. take away any one of those and there is no overtime.

Michiganball, you need to avoid taking the bait. I am a Michigan fan, and I think fumbling a Center to QB exchange on the 1/2 yard line and throwing two picks in the shadow of your own end zone pretty much did it. take away any one of those and there is no overtime.

Those plays defiantly contribute to the loss for Michigan. I will say, I do really like Harbaugh as a coach and I hope he stays at Michigan for a long time. There isn't much doubt that he will win his share of games against OSU. Harbaugh's pre and post game news conferences are fun to watch. I just can't shed a tear for Michigan after living through the 90s and seeing very good OSU teams seasons ruined at the hands of the Wolverines. I don't recall Michigan fans being too nice to Buckeye fans during that run.

Bait or not, was just making a point that the better team will not be representing BIG, like last year when OSU should have been in the playoff instead of MSU. It's true a first year QB got the jitters in a big game, to bad for the most part as he protected the ball well all season. Still there were just plain bad calls and ball spots in absolutely crucial moments, that is inexcusable and that crew was just a perfect storm of how not to put together a crew for an important game. Whats worse here in the end is that now we have Penn State as a BIG champ, beat them 49-10 but somehow they are the better team, sometimes the college football logic just goes into full idiot mode.

As far as the 90's yea there were some ruined seasons there for OSU and good times for Wolverine fans, I took wins as a given in the late 80's and 90's, sort of a reversal of now, that was perhaps what took away my disdain for OSU. After win win win I got it out of my system I think, got older and you realize it's the same kids in different shirts yelling at each other. Usually for this reason I try and ignore the zealot's on both sides, it just seems like a waste of energy, it's like a war that goes on for a century and you ask, what was this about again?

• Fire 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...