Harbaugh to Michigan

ladyhawke

The Rome trip is supposedly being completely covered by a booster. I think the Florida trip was about 350K. That said, this sounds fishy. Do athletic departments even spend that much in one year?

I would guess for stadium building or upgrades, yes. I have no idea if that actually happened at Michigan

Sounds like mostly from facility upgrades. There was a $9M upgrade to Michigan Stadium recently. But that's a long way from $240. Didn't see the other facilities involved so I don't know if they're football-related or other sports.

I thought facility upgrades are usually covered by donors so someone gets their name on a building. They actually just announced another huge facility upgrade. When Maryland joined the Big Ten they were in financial trouble. I can't remember the exact number but it was much less than $240 mil. Maybe the $EC will save Michigan like the Big Ten saved Maryland. Of course getting rid of Harbaugh would be part of that deal. I don't think they like him much. :-)

• 4 months later...

• 1 month later...

• 4 weeks later...

RE: Harbaugh's rant about Purdue's visitor's lockerroom:

Here's how a former Big Ten assistant assessed 12 of the visiting locker rooms in the league. It's definitely a problem. Illinois = pathetic. Purdue = pathetic. Nebraska = OK. Wisconsin = OK. Iowa = OK. Michigan = below average. Michigan State = pathetic. Minnesota = nice. Maryland = pathetic. Northwestern = pathetic. Penn State = OK. Ohio State = below average.

ESPN

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

RE: Harbaugh's rant about Purdue's visitor's lockerroom:

ESPN

That is really subjective. The Big10 should have a set of minimum standards. There is too much money involved not to. Minimum sq footage and heating and cooling. Plus the same access to medical care as the home team.