ladyhawke

Harbaugh to Michigan

Michiganball    167

Yea he called out those officials, they made some crucial "mistakes", 3 of them were even born in Ohio, no bias there, no doubt.

Really it's good to see someone have the balls to call out the bad ref's, I dont care who it is, the lack of accountability for the most part mocks and taints the integrity of the game.

Charles Woodson, Desmond Howard, Bo Schembechler, Jim Harbaugh, and may other great Michigan players and coaches were born in Ohio? I don't think anyone on that list would be considered Ohio State fans.

Nah these guys.....

"Kevin Schwarzel, the back judge, is an Ohio guy. Born in the state. Has businesses in Athens, Ohio. In this story from 2006, he admits being an Ohio State fan. And even more jaw-dropping: He was not permitted to officiate the 2006 Michigan/Ohio State game. It’s unclear why he was permitted to be part of this game."

"Bobby Sagers, the side judge, is also an Ohio native, and recently was named to the Ohio High School Athletic Association Officials Hall of Fame … which is located in Columbus."

"The lead official was Daniel Capron. Back in 2002, he was fired by the Big 10 for poor officiating of a Purdue/Wake Forest game. This is what Big Ten commish Jim Delany said at the time: “During the course of the game, these officials did not officiate well enough to meet Big Ten standards. Therefore, they will forfeit future officiating assignments.” It’s unclear when or how Capron was reinstated."

Hell of a group there. I have never had much of a problem with penalties in a game, However this game ended up a sham.

There were multiple blatant calls from interference to sportsman like 15 yarders not called, never mind the blatantly poor ball placements.

It is what it is though and Ohio is going to get smoked by Gumps worse then UM would have been. Unless this crew shows up to bail them out, that is.

Michiganball    167

Wolverine tears are delicious.

I dont know what your going on about, it's usually just nonsensical buzz words spite and vitriol instead of substance. I just posted facts regarding the game being like something that belonged in Texas rather then in Big 10. You just throw around internet meme's.

nic    36

Michiganball, you need to avoid taking the bait. I am a Michigan fan, and I think fumbling a Center to QB exchange on the 1/2 yard line and throwing two picks in the shadow of your own end zone pretty much did it. take away any one of those and there is no overtime.

jaws    264

Michiganball, you need to avoid taking the bait. I am a Michigan fan, and I think fumbling a Center to QB exchange on the 1/2 yard line and throwing two picks in the shadow of your own end zone pretty much did it. take away any one of those and there is no overtime.

Those plays defiantly contribute to the loss for Michigan. I will say, I do really like Harbaugh as a coach and I hope he stays at Michigan for a long time. There isn't much doubt that he will win his share of games against OSU. Harbaugh's pre and post game news conferences are fun to watch. I just can't shed a tear for Michigan after living through the 90s and seeing very good OSU teams seasons ruined at the hands of the Wolverines. I don't recall Michigan fans being too nice to Buckeye fans during that run.

Michiganball    167

Bait or not, was just making a point that the better team will not be representing BIG, like last year when OSU should have been in the playoff instead of MSU. It's true a first year QB got the jitters in a big game, to bad for the most part as he protected the ball well all season. Still there were just plain bad calls and ball spots in absolutely crucial moments, that is inexcusable and that crew was just a perfect storm of how not to put together a crew for an important game. Whats worse here in the end is that now we have Penn State as a BIG champ, beat them 49-10 but somehow they are the better team, sometimes the college football logic just goes into full idiot mode.

As far as the 90's yea there were some ruined seasons there for OSU and good times for Wolverine fans, I took wins as a given in the late 80's and 90's, sort of a reversal of now, that was perhaps what took away my disdain for OSU. After win win win I got it out of my system I think, got older and you realize it's the same kids in different shirts yelling at each other. Usually for this reason I try and ignore the zealot's on both sides, it just seems like a waste of energy, it's like a war that goes on for a century and you ask, what was this about again?

StPaulHusker    4,570

Maybe Michigan/Harbaugh needs to stop being so flamboyant.

$240 million in debt and they are holding spring practice in Rome? Seems smart.

BigRedBuster    7,319

Maybe Michigan/Harbaugh needs to stop being so flamboyant.

$240 million in debt and they are holding spring practice in Rome? Seems smart.

And....three assistants being paid over 1 million. Seems like the egos have gotten over blown in Ann Arbor.

nic    36

The Rome trip is supposedly being completely covered by a booster. I think the Florida trip was about 350K. That said, this sounds fishy. Do athletic departments even spend that much in one year?

StPaulHusker    4,570

The Rome trip is supposedly being completely covered by a booster. I think the Florida trip was about 350K. That said, this sounds fishy. Do athletic departments even spend that much in one year?

I would guess for stadium building or upgrades, yes. I have no idea if that actually happened at Michigan

Mavric    9,164

I would guess for stadium building or upgrades, yes. I have no idea if that actually happened at Michigan

Sounds like mostly from facility upgrades. There was a $9M upgrade to Michigan Stadium recently. But that's a long way from $240. Didn't see the other facilities involved so I don't know if they're football-related or other sports.

nic    36

I thought facility upgrades are usually covered by donors so someone gets their name on a building. They actually just announced another huge facility upgrade. When Maryland joined the Big Ten they were in financial trouble. I can't remember the exact number but it was much less than $240 mil. Maybe the $EC will save Michigan like the Big Ten saved Maryland. Of course getting rid of Harbaugh would be part of that deal. I don't think they like him much. :-)

nic    36

I hope everyone realizes this post will continue to be resurrected until Harbaugh no longer coaches at Michigan.  Given his ability to attract media attention and piss off the SEC, this post will be added to frequently. :)

Enhance    3,124

Are there any rules in college about releasing active depth charts prior to games like there are in the NFL?

30 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Are there any rules in college about releasing active depth charts prior to games like there are in the NFL?

Most rules like that are governed by the conference.  If there is a rule, it may not matter because in is a non-con game.

Mavric    9,164

RE: Harbaugh's rant about Purdue's visitor's lockerroom:

Here's how a former Big Ten assistant assessed 12 of the visiting locker rooms in the league. It's definitely a problem. Illinois = pathetic. Purdue = pathetic. Nebraska = OK. Wisconsin = OK. Iowa = OK. Michigan = below average. Michigan State = pathetic. Minnesota = nice. Maryland = pathetic. Northwestern = pathetic. Penn State = OK. Ohio State = below average.

ESPN

jaws    264
2 hours ago, Mavric said:

RE: Harbaugh's rant about Purdue's visitor's lockerroom:

ESPN

That is really subjective. The Big10 should have a set of minimum standards. There is too much money involved not to. Minimum sq footage and heating and cooling. Plus the same access to medical care as the home team. 

jaws    264
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Who gives a rip about how nice the visiting locker room is as long as it has the very very minimal basics to survive?

Are you saying the home school shouldn't provide anything? I mean you really don't need a locker room to survive. 

Purdue has been living off the rest of the Big10 and making money off of the success of the athletes from other schools. The least they could do is provide a locker room with enough square footage, a working HVAC system, and adequate medical equipment. Is that really too much to ask for? With the amount of money floating around the Big10, you would think they could take care of the visiting team a little better. But hey, lets act like the home school isn't making a ton of money off the other team. 

BigRedBuster    7,319

I didn't say not provide one and obviously my post was some what tongue in cheek with the "basics to survive".

But....they don't have to be nice locker rooms.  Hell, give them concrete floors, walls, wood benches and the old metal lockers.

People used to complain about Iowa' pink locker room.  I say hell....why not?  

Square footage?  Sure, give them enough.  But....that doesn't mean it's the same amount as the home locker room. Showers?  Sure...but they don't have to be individual showers with imported tile and a big screen TV.

Heck....I'd be tempted to give them the bare necessities and then hang a really nice large picture of the luxurious locker room the home team is enjoying right in the middle.

nic    36

apparently there were some thing that pissed him off that was not  made public except to the Big10. I am not sure if it was mentioned in this thread, but when his QB got hurt they had to bring him to the hospital to get checked due to not having the equipment necessary onsite. I am not sure what the unmentioned item was. Rumor is that it was a lack of toilets, which is kind of funny. I am not sure why they wouldn't say that publicly however. Heck, if you have to wait to long, just go on floor after the game and let the home team clean it up. :-)

Michiganball    167

Yea, a lot of it has that old college whimsy. While painting a room pink for the visitors is relatively harmless, not having AC in 90 degree weather, or the right medical equipment on site or proper sanitary restrooms, injury tables is going a bit far these days.

huKSer    1,347
On 9/29/2017 at 6:28 PM, nic said:

apparently there were some thing that pissed him off that was not  made public except to the Big10. I am not sure if it was mentioned in this thread, but when his QB got hurt they had to bring him to the hospital to get checked due to not having the equipment necessary onsite. I am not sure what the unmentioned item was. Rumor is that it was a lack of toilets, which is kind of funny. I am not sure why they wouldn't say that publicly however. Heck, if you have to wait to long, just go on floor after the game and let the home team clean it up. :-)

TA and the ambulance/hospital watch at Ohio St

nic    36
13 hours ago, huKSer said:

TA and the ambulance/hospital watch at Ohio St

:confucius

huKSer    1,347
9 hours ago, nic said:

:confucius

Armstrong got hurt last year at Ohio St and they carted him off to a hospital to get x-rays because there wasn't one at Ohio stadium

nic    36
14 hours ago, huKSer said:

Armstrong got hurt last year at Ohio St and they carted him off to a hospital to get x-rays because there wasn't one at Ohio stadium

One would think OSU would have everything. Maybe colleges have less equipment on site than I thought.

jaws    264
3 hours ago, nic said:

One would think OSU would have everything. Maybe colleges have less equipment on site than I thought.

They might not have a x-ray machine at the stadium but they do have a world class hospital 3 blocks away. That is where they take the OSU players if they get hurt, I don't know why they would do anything different for the visiting players. 

27 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

It would be interesting if Riley and Harbaugh got fired in the same year.

I would be hugely shocked if they fired Harbaugh.  He would take an NFL job way before Michigan would want to get rid of him.

BigRedBuster    7,319

So far, he has these records against rivals:

MSU 1-2

OSU  0-2 (probably will be 0-3)

He probably is going to end up this year losing to both MSU and OSU.  And....he could easily also lose to Wisconsin and PSU.

He was competitive in his loss to MSU this year.  If he isn't competitive in losses to the other programs I listed, his seat is going to be hot.

nic    36

Michigan is dire need of a QB and right tackle. Losing their starting QB, left tackle, and best receiver for the season made a mediocre offense even worse. 5 turnovers didn't help last week. If their defense wasn't so good, it would have been a blow out. I doubt Harbaugh gets fired, even if he ends up 7 and 5. The D will keep games close. The problem is they can lose to anyone....except Rutgers. :-)

zoogs    6,016

It's kinda crazy to me that (some) Michigan fans can't appreciate what they have right now in Harbaugh. 

nic    36
14 hours ago, zoogs said:

It's kinda crazy to me that (some) Michigan fans can't appreciate what they have right now in Harbaugh. 

I would say that is very few. At least no one I know. Most of the criticism I hear is being directed at Drevno, the OC, for play calling and OL recruiting, Hoke for leaving the OL and QB positions dry when he left, and the QBs for being turnover machines. I think Harbaugh is still thought of as the chosen one. :-)

BigRedBuster    7,319
1 hour ago, nic said:

Most of the criticism I hear is being directed at Langsdorf, the OC, for play calling and OL recruiting, Bo for leaving the OL and QB positions dry when he left, and the QBs for being turnover machines. 

Look how that sentence looks when you just change two names.

Hmmmm.......

nic    36
4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Look how that sentence looks when you just change two names.

Hmmmm.......

Funny. Or not. Misery loves company I guess. :-)