Semi Ojeleye [Duke Transfer --> SMU]

As a Duke basketball fan and Kansas resident, I'm sad to hear Semi will transfer. I followed his play during his HS career at Ottawa and on to Duke. He just never had the foot speed to play at 2/3 and, despite the best strength on the team, wasn't big enough to bang with 4/5.

If I remember correctly, he narrowed his original choices out of HS to: Duke, Stanford, and Indiana. He is a really bright kid. I've heard local rumors he may end up close to home, KSU or WSU. I believe Wojo was instrumental is his recruitment, so keep on eye on Marquette, too.

We just need Petteway to stop acting like he is a pure shooter. Drive to the freaking lane.. get to the free throw line.

Our one pure shooter: Fuller cant get open.

We need to add another big. We have plenty of athletic wings.. we need a big bruiser down low.

Until Pitch starts knockin em down, and Tai somehow finally finds the ball to let some shots fly, this wont be happening. We emerged last year, cuz a 6'10 Pitch was able to pull the bigs out AND knock down shots. Made it pretty easy for Shields and Pettway to get to the hole. it's not happening this year. it's like we're playing 2-5 when we have the ball.

We just need Petteway to stop acting like he is a pure shooter. Drive to the freaking lane.. get to the free throw line.

Our one pure shooter: Fuller cant get open.

We need to add another big. We have plenty of athletic wings.. we need a big bruiser down low.

Until Pitch starts knockin em down, and Tai somehow finally finds the ball to let some shots fly, this wont be happening. We emerged last year, cuz a 6'10 Pitch was able to pull the bigs out AND knock down shots. Made it pretty easy for Shields and Pettway to get to the hole. it's not happening this year. it's like we're playing 2-5 when we have the ball.

Pitchford has been awful this year.

I get what you are saying with the defense basically just sinking in to the paint... That takes away a good chunk of the penetration, but if you have good ball rotation you can still attack that sunken zone and get to the free throw line.

I would love to have Semi for his athleticism but with Leslee and Moses both hurt, it is obvious where we will struggle next year and future years.

Even with good ball rotation, if there's not threat of outside scoring, there's no step out. Think about this.

Shields

Petteway

Webster

Parker

Pitchfor

or

Shields

Petteway

Webster

Rivers

Pitchford

or

Shields

Petteway

Parker

Rivers

Pitchford

Hell, sub Terran Smith in any one of these combos, and tell me, where the wing threat? It's not there this year. Now, not all hope is lost, Pitch could catch fire any minute. Benny Parkers gettin some buckets. Rivers is knockin down a jumper here and there, more often than a year ago. But until we get it from Pitch and Tai, it's gonna continue to remain pretty ugly offensively.