Early Signing Period for Football?

Mavric

Earlier signing period will only work with earlier OVs.

I agree. I think a December early signing period is actually bad for Nebraska in the short term. But I think it's a move in the right direction. Once the first step is made, I think it'll be easier to make the next (bigger) steps to an August signing period and at least summer OVs (if not spring). And that would be a huge plus for Nebraska.

I agree. I think a December early signing period is actually bad for Nebraska in the short term. But I think it's a move in the right direction. Once the first step is made, I think it'll be easier to make the next (bigger) steps to an August signing period and at least summer OVs (if not spring). And that would be a huge plus for Nebraska.

Yep

Yep

Agree.

It would be very interesting to me to see how the power programs in recruiting hot beds would handle an August signing period with earlier visits. I would think that some of these programs would be able to sign their entire class in August if they wanted to. However, this is before their senior seasons and before anyone sees if they get hurt during that season. I would think if you sign 'em....you got 'em..... Meaning, if they get hurt, they would still count towards your class and you can't just drop them and move on to someone else.

Would you see these schools signing maybe their top 5-10 prospects they are willing to risk that on and then waiting for after the season on the rest? Or, would they go ahead and sign everyone if possible to lock them up?

So, they don't want satellite camps and they don't want early signing period.

Shocking....just absolutely shocking......

Samuel McKewon@swmckewonOWH 17h

Samuel McKewon retweeted Dan Wolken

Then it's dead.

Samuel McKewon added,

Dan Wolken @DanWolken
The SEC is NOT in favor of the early signing period in December as it’s been proposed by the College Commissioners Association

Wasn't Riley against the December signing period?

Yes, but IIRC, that's because there was no summer officials and not enough guys could get onto campus during the season because of their high school schedules. His point made a lot of sense. I think you open up official summer visits and get them opportunities to get on campus, December makes more sense.

Wasn't Riley against the December signing period?

Yes, but IIRC, that's because there was no summer officials and not enough guys could get onto campus during the season because of their high school schedules. His point made a lot of sense. I think you open up official summer visits and get them opportunities to get on campus, December makes more sense.

That's the way I understand Riley's opinion on it.

Yeah, he said Nebraska has to get a lot of their visitors in after the high school season ends and there's not a lot of time between then and the December signing period. I agree with him on that but I think some movement is a step toward the bigger move of a much earlier signing period and earlier OVs. Short term (hopefully) hit for Nebraska but that would be a big long-term gain (if it happens).

So, they don't want satellite camps and they don't want early signing period.

Shocking....just absolutely shocking......

Samuel McKewon@swmckewonOWH 17h

Samuel McKewon retweeted Dan Wolken

Then it's dead.

Samuel McKewon added,

Dan Wolken @DanWolken
The SEC is NOT in favor of the early signing period in December as it’s been proposed by the College Commissioners Association

They also don't think it's fair that the SEC requires an appeals process for grad transfers (which it not true for other Power 5 Conferences). I agree. In fact, I got something to show my support. Hang on...

ElatedWhirlwindAquaticleech.gif