• 2 years later...

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

I really want to try doing some moonshine...but I can't imagine it coming out decent.

Don't. Friend of mine gave it a try years ago. It's a PITA to distill correctly, needs beer-making plus additional equipment, and a lot of trial and error to get it tasting right. (My friend's never did taste better than the worst store-bought vodka.)

Beer, mead, wine, etc. all much easier and lots of people online with recipes, advice, etc. to help you.

Just now, RedDenver said:

Don't. Friend of mine gave it a try years ago. It's a PITA to distill correctly, needs beer-making plus additional equipment, and a lot of trial and error to get it tasting right. (My friend's never did taste better than the worst store-bought vodka.)

Beer, mead, wine, etc. all much easier and lots of people online with recipes, advice, etc. to help you.

Yeah, I am thinking about just messing around with infusing some vodka instead.

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

Yeah, I am thinking about just messing around with infusing some vodka instead.

That's really, really easy. Although one of the drunkest I've ever been was when my father-in-law infused vodka with cantaloupe and honeydew. We drank it straight from the jar because it didn't even taste like alcohol...