Explicit Language: OWH - Pelini actual audio from last players meeting

This thing is about power.

When you enter a position of power that was not self-created, it is difficult to manage people who were a product of a previous administration.

I have been in the position myself.

Bo Pelini was Tom Osborne's guy, who fully supported and related to him in a certain way. They had a working relationship and mutual understanding and expectations.

Enter Shawn Eichorst, who only has nominal authority over Pelini because again, he is Tom Osborne's guy. Eichorst is uncomfortable because he was basically handed the keys to a rental building where the tenants have different rules and expectations that he does.

Solution? Get rid of the tenants from the old landlord and fill it with the new ones, who agree to the same rules, so that there is no question about authority.

But how? Politics. Eichorst waited until public sentiment for Pelini was low and then took his chance.

FWIW this is a normal procedure, I expect him to have a great relationship with Mike Riley, because now he has his guy. And I expect him to have one with the players he recruits as well.

It is also to be expected that Pelini is bitter and he will embitter his players toward the AD.

This stuff happens all the time.

Edit- the tricky part is for Mike Riley, who has do clean up after this and deal with some of the embittered players.

That is a hard job. He will have a new staff, so that helps. It will be best if he doesnt hire the existing coaches. I really hope they can come together and play great. I figured that it would take a couple years for the Huskers to rise to prominence again, but now I think it will take about 3 or 4. GBR!

• Fire 1

I don't really have a problem with what he said. It wasn't really directed at the University or fans unless you consider Harvey Perlman and Shawn Eichorst AS the University.

Perlman hardly endears himself to fans or Husker football through his treatment of TO, but he's an academic who sees athletics as merely a revenue source and distraction to the real business of the University.

Eichorst is Harvey's hand-picked reptilian enforcer. He comes in with none of the emotional ties to "Husker lore" we as fans hold dear, and he'll leave in the same condition when the first better opportunity arises. Many speculate that will be Wisconsin.

Neither of these two statements should be a surprise. As far as "professionalism", it's just a quaint way of saying "a lack of emotional attachment". If Bo has lacked professionalism, then Perlman has sinned equally.

I don't really have a problem with what he said. It wasn't really directed at the University or fans unless you consider Harvey Perlman and Shawn Eichorst AS the University.

Perlman hardly endears himself to fans or Husker football through his treatment of TO, but he's an academic who sees athletics as merely a revenue source and distraction to the real business of the University.

Eichorst is Harvey's hand-picked reptilian enforcer. He comes in with none of the emotional ties to "Husker lore" we as fans hold dear, and he'll leave in the same condition when the first better opportunity arises. Many speculate that will be Wisconsin.

Neither of these two statements should be a surprise. As far as "professionalism", it's just a quaint way of saying "a lack of emotional attachment". If Bo has lacked professionalism, then Perlman has sinned equally.

You know. Besides the fact that Perlman didn't disparage the university.

I think it was partially directed at the fans. The mentions of negativity/how the place will wear you up is media AND fan related.

You can tell the environment was toxic when he was here, based on the comments from some of the players. The 'us vs the world' mentality of the last few seasons were very evident.

His comments say he didn't want to be here. No wonder you were fired Pelini, you blame the fans and the media for the 'negativity', what I call realistic views of the program, and go on to say this? Please.

You know. Besides the fact that Perlman didn't disparage the university.

Neither did Bo. Unless as I stated you feel Harvey = UNL. Sean Callahan stated on the radio that Perlman had "a long-standing, obvious dislike for Pelini". How does he know this? Maybe Harvey's professionalism slips when he's discussing his employee's with the media?

I

This thing is about power.

When you enter a position of power that was not self-created, it is difficult to manage people who were a product of a previous administration.

I have been in the position myself.

Bo Pelini was Tom Osborne's guy, who fully supported and related to him in a certain way. They had a working relationship and mutual understanding and expectations.

Enter Shawn Eichorst, who only has nominal authority over Pelini because again, he is Tom Osborne's guy. Eichorst is uncomfortable because he was basically handed the keys to a rental building where the tenants have different rules and expectations that he does.

Solution? Get rid of the tenants from the old landlord and fill it with the new ones, who agree to the same rules, so that there is no question about authority.

But how? Politics. Eichorst waited until public sentiment for Pelini was low and then took his chance.

FWIW this is a normal procedure, I expect him to have a great relationship with Mike Riley, because now he has his guy. And I expect him to have one with the players he recruits as well.

It is also to be expected that Pelini is bitter and he will embitter his players toward the AD.

This stuff happens all the time.

Edit- the tricky part is for Mike Riley, who has do clean up after this and deal with some of the embittered players.

That is a hard job. He will have a new staff, so that helps. It will be best if he doesnt hire the existing coaches. I really hope they can come together and play great. I figured that it would take a couple years for the Huskers to rise to prominence again, but now I think it will take about 3 or 4. GBR!

I think this us vs them will gone before the first game in the fall, when you play you play at your best level. MS and his coaches will have the huskers playing at a high level, no worries but sideline attacks, guys will play relaxed and with confidence , error free football back to the TO years.

"You know, at the end of the day, people can say a lot about what we did. We won a lot of football games since I've been here. You guys represent this place phenomenally, in the classroom, in the community. What you should have said is, "What are those core values you're talking about?"

(Players said, almost in unison, “He didn't have an answer.”)

Because he didn’t have an answer, guys. He doesn't even — I told you — guys like that don’t know what is important to them. You have to represent something."

Wonder why they cut out the part where players "in unison" said Eichorst had no answers when asked about core values? That was the only reason I listened to the audio because I felt that the players' reaction would be very telling about the meetings.

If SE truly couldn't answer that question in front of the players, I wouldn't trust his motives either....

They didn't ask. (What you *should* have said...response, He didn't have an answer anyway.) They're going along with Bo's bent.

Heck. If my coach who's been such a big part of my life hates someone like that, I'd be pretty inclined to hold the same views.

Pretty disgusting bit of two minutes hate, and I can only hope this is the last coach Nebraska ever sees that considers his example the kind that teaches "core values."

They didn't ask. (What you *should* have said...response, He didn't have an answer anyway.) They're going along with Bo's bent.

Heck. If my coach who's been such a big part of my life hates someone like that, I'd be pretty inclined to hold the same views.

Pretty disgusting bit of two minutes hate, and I can only hope this is the last coach Nebraska ever sees that considers his example the kind that teaches "core values."

It's not a big deal, but that part of the clip when Bo said "what you should have said..." was obviously edited. There was a second or two cut out when the players supposedly responded with "he didn't have an answer". Maybe it was edited because it was just dead air time.