The Reason the Huskers are Still Relevant

Zaimejs

Year after year, I read posts about how Nebraska doesn't matter because we aren't in the top ten or top twenty or whatever. National media wants to write Nebraska off as a has-been.

But after Riley was hired, and this whole Pelini thing took off, I was reminded why Nebraska matters.

We have the best fans in the country and perhaps the world. No fan base is more loyal and more invested than we are. Despite the fact that we live in one of the least populated states, Huskers continue to win national fan polls.

There are Husker bars all over the country and Husker fans who will come out to support the team in every major city.

The Big Red may not be on top in terms of what we put on the field, but off the field... we are in a league of our own, and that is why Nebraska will always be relevant in the big picture, and eventually, when Riley rights this ship, we will prove to ESPN and all the other haters out there, that a great college football team can maintain in Lincoln, Nebraska.

Here is to a new year and a new beginning for Husker fans.

GO BIG RED!!!

Great post. I totally agree. I hope we get put back on the map and win big games and National Championships. If Lee Corso is still around, I'l like to rub it in his face! He only and rarely says good things about the Huskers. (I had to throw that in!)

Year after year, I read posts about how Nebraska doesn't matter because we aren't in the top ten or top twenty or whatever. National media wants to write Nebraska off as a has-been.

But after Riley was hired, and this whole Pelini thing took off, I was reminded why Nebraska matters.

We have the best fans in the country and perhaps the world. No fan base is more loyal and more invested than we are. Despite the fact that we live in one of the least populated states, Huskers continue to win national fan polls.

There are Husker bars all over the country and Husker fans who will come out to support the team in every major city.

The Big Red may not be on top in terms of what we put on the field, but off the field... we are in a league of our own, and that is why Nebraska will always be relevant in the big picture, and eventually, when* Riley rights this ship, we will prove to ESPN and all the other haters out there, that a great college football team can maintain in Lincoln, Nebraska.

Here is to a new year and a new beginning for Husker fans.

GO BIG RED!!!

* I love the confidence showed here.

I agree you run into Big Red fans all over the U.S. Great fan base!!! I do disagree with all the positive sunshine. It's too bad you've all put your faith in a lawyer who is the A.D. Coach Riley is a nice man. You can believe all you want, but I've watched his beavers play for several years. Lot's of penalties, breakdown in defense. This years squad had 9 seniors returning on defense. Take a look at where they finished on a national level on defense. Pathetic!!! Banker isn't the solution. I will give the Husker fan base props for always believing the future glory days are coming back. i just don't see it happening with a long term

Career coach with a winning record just above the .500 mark. Save your remarks about how you can't recruit at Oregon state....blah blah. Explain that concept to the Chargers. The new Oregon State coach will win at OSU. Just stop getting your hopes all up about turning the progr around. We just fired a coach with 7 seasons of 9 wins and a high graduation rate. Good coaches win period.!!'nn

• Fire 3

This could easily be a 10 win team right now and an 11 win team after the Bowl game......why would Nebraska not be relevant? I don't understand all the Husker fans predicting a loss in the bowl game....whatever?? I'll expect the best from the Huskers ,........ to hell with ESPN and whoever these other people are.

This could easily be a 10 win team right now and an 11 win team after the Bowl game......why would Nebraska not be relevant? I don't understand all the Husker fans predicting a loss in the bowl game....whatever?? I'll expect the best from the Huskers ,........ to hell with ESPN and whoever these other people are.

too many blow outs shot our claim to fame.

• Fire 2

I agree you run into Big Red fans all over the U.S. Great fan base!!! I do disagree with all the positive sunshine. It's too bad you've all put your faith in a lawyer who is the A.D. Coach Riley is a nice man. You can believe all you want, but I've watched his beavers play for several years. Lot's of penalties, breakdown in defense. This years squad had 9 seniors returning on defense. Take a look at where they finished on a national level on defense. Pathetic!!! Banker isn't the solution. I will give the Husker fan base props for always believing the future glory days are coming back. i just don't see it happening with a long term

Career coach with a winning record just above the .500 mark. Save your remarks about how you can't recruit at Oregon state....blah blah. Explain that concept to the Chargers. The new Oregon State coach will win at OSU. Just stop getting your hopes all up about turning the progr around. We just fired a coach with 7 seasons of 9 wins and a high graduation rate. Good coaches win period.!!'nn

Riley had to recruit in San Diego?
  • Fire 1