Jamal Turner

Haspula

As I recall, when he was healthy and starting, he still wasn't able to distinguish himself as the player we hoped he'd be.

Well yes, by all accounts he was getting the coaching and guidance to be a great player. I mean, you can tell from listening to Tim Beck and Bo Pelini that they clearly had a way of motivating and developing, really bringing out the best from everyone they came in contact with.........

Guy, I like most of what you have to say, but Jamal Turner is an athletic freak, much like Charles Jackson and now Pierson-El. One of these guys is gonna live up to the expectations and it's only because we will finally have a coach who finds a way to utilize his most talented players.

• Fire 1

As I recall, when he was healthy and starting, he still wasn't able to distinguish himself as the player we hoped he'd be.

Well yes, by all accounts he was getting the coaching and guidance to be a great player. I mean, you can tell from listening to Tim Beck and Bo Pelini that they clearly had a way of motivating and developing, really bringing out the best from everyone they came in contact with.........

Guy, I like most of what you have to say, but Jamal Turner is an athletic freak, much like Charles Jackson and now Pierson-El. One of these guys is gonna live up to the expectations and it's only because we will finally have a coach who finds a way to utilize his most talented players.

The sporting world is full of athletic freaks who can never quite translate it to the game being played.

And of course, the less talented guys who have to work twice as hard to get noticed over a hyped teammate. That work ethic counts, and Jamal was rumored to have less of it than others. "Utilizing his most talented players" may have meant going with Quincy Enunwa, Kenny Bell, and Jordan Westerkamp. Hard to argue against that.

My position on Bo Pelini is pretty clear, but let's not jump to the assumption that Turner and others would have thrived under another coach. It's entirely possible that other receivers simply out-played him.

The sporting world is full of athletic freaks who can never quite translate it to the game being played.

And of course, the less talented guys who have to work twice as hard to get noticed over a hyped teammate. That work ethic counts, and Jamal was rumored to have less of it than others. "Utilizing his most talented players" may have meant going with Quincy Enunwa, Kenny Bell, and Jordan Westerkamp. Hard to argue against that.

My position on Bo Pelini is pretty clear, but let's not jump to the assumption that Turner and others would have thrived under another coach. It's entirely possible that other receivers simply out-played him.

It is possible. There's a lot of unknowns. Which is why you will never know why he wasn't able to distinguish himself as the player we all expected. You'll never be able to say with certainty if he was truly healthy or not when you assumed he was actually healthy.

I simply saw what I saw when the kid got the ball. He looked like a kid I'd want to have touching the ball as much as possible. That is...if I was the coach, which I'm not. So I guess we are speculating, but to me he was an impressive athlete. I wish he'd have had more success.

Yes, I heard a rumor that Pelini was planning to kick Pierson-El in the ankle because he was too successful and Bo just couldn't stand it. Finally we're rid of that crappy 9 win coach Pelini.(10, I suppose if you count the Bowl)