I'm trying to get a take on our chances against USC. I know there are Husker fans here who are from CA and could comment on this. What have we heard? I've heard that their quarterback may be a challenge from us but little else. Would love to talk about football again since the 'BoGate II' and 'Gangwish vs Raccoon" talk has lessened. (Not that it wasn't interesting...but dedhoarse .)

Thanks!

• Fire 1

It's really unfortunate. I've wanted another crack at USC for 7 years now. Too bad it's gonna be with an unmotivated team and a fill in coach that most fans dreaded as a position coach. Even worse it's against a guy who embarrassed us in a bowl with a crappy team with better talent this time around. None of this spells a win for Nebraska.

Nevertheless I will be watching with bells on and couldn't bring myself to pick USC on my bowl pick sheet. Christmas miracle, Nebraska will win this one and send Ameer out on a good note.

The game plan on offense against Miami was very effective, and while it might not be sustainable over an entire session (with a single featured RB), it should work against USC. Ameer has had time now to heal without putting excessive strain on his injury getting ready for a game each week. I say we ask the OL to do what they failed to do for a good portion of the back half of the season, secure your block and let Ameer do the rest. This will also allow Tommy to play with less pressure (something he needs to be successful).

On defense, we need to dial up some +1 pressure and not allow USC to play pitch and catch all day. Our defense is soft in the middle, so maybe the coaches stay with more 1-gap zone we saw against Iowa to simplify some of the LBs run fits to give them a downhill playing style.

• Fire 1

I already posted this somewhere else but agree it's gotten pretty lame on the football front.

Our team loves warm weather, really flew around in the 90 degree games...........they love playing at night......they should be excited about going to San Diego, seeing the sights and staying in a luxury hotel.......many of our players will be healed up from the long break, but so will USC's.......a couple coaches, namely the OC and DC might think they have something to prove and our seniors will certainly want to go out with a bang......Barney Cotton called USC a big tough team similar to the Georgia team we played and I'm thinking that's pretty accurate.

Will USC be too physical for our depleted line and be in our backfield every play? Beats me. Will we compensate for our weaknesses with counters and big runs by our stars out in space? I got nothin'. Are we the equal of BC who ran all over them even with their all-pro D Lineman in there tearing up the place? Chirp chirp. Will our run defense shut them down or make their ordinary California style rb's with some moves and skills look like OJ running through the airport? (crickets) Will our db's cover their receivers like a glove without grabbing, the way they're capable of playing? moo (ran out of things, had to make one up)

I guess we'll find out which team shows up when the time comes.

• Fire 1

Most bettors are putting money and all there money on USC. If that says anything. Nationally this game is viewed as the lame duck bowl and most of the time, those teams are less interested in the game than others. I guess it depends on who they are playing for, themselves or still Bo.

If they are play for Bo, they come out and will play very hard with some edge. If they are playing for themselves then its going to be a laugher. USC will embarrass us.

I guess, does it matter at this point? Lets get the game over and move on with the Riley era. This game really means nothing right now. Pride, but who cares about pride right now. Future pride is more important. The future is after this game. Do I care how many of these players stay.......no. If they listened to Bo and feel they belong elsewhere, I hope they leave. Its time to rid this program of Bo's fingerprints once and for all after the bowl game. Move on, with Riley.

I've watched most all of USC's games this year.

They can score pretty easily when Kessler gets time - a lot of time on rolling out. USC is 15h in the nation in passing...but only 70th in rushing. You can run on USC - see Boston College and UCLA games...that's the blueprint, control the ball and keep Kessler off the field.

Like I said before, USC's run game is pedestrian. If Nebraska just sits back with their linebackers like usual - USC can eat them apart on short passes.

Nebraska will simply have to attack and blitz and take their chances and have to be able to pound it.

Most bettors are putting money and all there money on USC. If that says anything. Nationally this game is viewed as the lame duck bowl and most of the time, those teams are less interested in the game than others. I guess it depends on who they are playing for, themselves or still Bo.

If they are play for Bo, they come out and will play very hard with some edge. If they are playing for themselves then its going to be a laugher. USC will embarrass us.

I guess, does it matter at this point? Lets get the game over and move on with the Riley era. This game really means nothing right now. Pride, but who cares about pride right now. Future pride is more important. The future is after this game. Do I care how many of these players stay.......no. If they listened to Bo and feel they belong elsewhere, I hope they leave. Its time to rid this program of Bo's fingerprints once and for all after the bowl game. Move on, with Riley.

The last 3 lines questions your loyalty as a husker fan

For those of you who have watched USC this year who are their power players? I've only heard of Kessler. Who do they have for running backs? What is their defense of line like? For me this game could be a great send off for our seniors (former seniors now) and a chance to impress the scouts for those vying for the NFL and a chance for Mike Riley to see what kind of team he can has to work with next year-what kind of potential U.S. there. Do any of you think that Barney, Papuchis or Beck talked to Mike Riley about what to expect from USC since Riley has already played them and beaten them?