Props to Papuchis . . .

I think this guy has gotten a bum rap this year. Folks treat him like he's Kevin Cosgrove Jr. He's not. We all know about Wisconsin, so no use going there. However, for the 11 other games, we were lights-out solid on defense. Our only other two losses were by 5 and 4 points. I hope he has a great game against USC and is able to parlay it into a job elsewhere. Paps, I want to thank you for your service. Good luck.

• Fire 4

Well, we'll see what he's really made of in this bowl game. I keep thinking, "What if this coaching staff, without Bo breathing down their necks-if indeed he did that- blows the doors off of USC?" I know I will willingly eat crow if they do. I also know that if I were them I would be picking Mike Riley's brain big-time as to how they could win this game.

• Fire 1

Let's look at Papuchis's career prior to working at Nebraska

2000-2001 Blacksburg High JV Basketball coach

2001-2003 Kansas University Graduate Assistant

2004-2007 LSU Graduate Assistant

AND THAT'S IT. That is a guy who is the defensive coordinator at one of the most storied programs in the country. I know he's just a puppet for Pelini, but that's exactly what the problem is. A guy with no experience, no clue what he's doing, who simply is a puppet hand for Pelini and provides no valuable input or outside thinking of his own. Still wondering about Melvin Gordon's 408? Here's part of the reason why.

• Fire 5

Let's look at Papuchis's career prior to working at Nebraska

2000-2001 Blacksburg High JV Basketball coach

2001-2003 Kansas University Graduate Assistant

2004-2007 LSU Graduate Assistant

AND THAT'S IT. That is a guy who is the defensive coordinator at one of the most storied programs in the country. I know he's just a puppet for Pelini, but that's exactly what the problem is. A guy with no experience, no clue what he's doing, who simply is a puppet hand for Pelini and provides no valuable input or outside thinking of his own. Still wondering about Melvin Gordon's 408? Here's part of the reason why.

And before he was DC, every position group he coached stunk up the field. He must have done a fantastic job mowing Bo's lawn

Paps is an unknown quantity. Anytime our defense looked good it was acknowledged to be Bo's defense. It'll be interesting to see what Papuchis does in his next gig. Wouldn't surprise me to see him develop into a great DC.

Wishing Paps the best of luck in his new endeavors!